Open today: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Good condition and worth a visit

Word of advise: reserve enough time for getting there. The speed of taxi drivers varies and we even... read more

Reviewed 26 December 2018
aniliila
Porvoo, Finland
via mobile
A little bit disappointed

The course lay out is nice enough and in good condition. The service doesn’t stack up for the cost... read more

Reviewed 29 January 2020

from US$49.00
from US$46.00
from US$179.49
More Info
All reviews hire clubs caddies caddy play forest resort vietnam phu
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 March 2020

I play off of 6 and phoned ahead to ensure I could play from the long tees. I asked that I could be put into a group so as not to play alone. They said it was all ok. No problem. When I got there I was assigned a caddy and said to him that I would like to hit some range balls first. He said i would have to tee off in ten minutes. I arrived ONE HOUR before tee time. Then I was taken to the "1st" tee and asked to tee off. I asked where the rest of the group were and was told no one available. I said that he could take me back to clubhouse as did not want to play. They then radioed someone and was told another player was available. So I said ok. Other player was total beginner. Played off short tees. Other guy took 16 shots on the first par four! Total shambles. Caddie did not know yardages, clean clubs or mark balls. (other caddy did). Really awful experience and very uncaring attitude by clubhouse.

Date of experience: February 2020
Trung N, Người quản lý at Vinpearl Golf Phu Quoc, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2020

Thank you the your comments for our Vinpearl Golf Phu Quoc. We are sorry that it happened and that made you unhappy.
We have tried to give you the best service in high season, but so sorry, we only received booking information from a hotel department outside of you and have limited your information booking/ your information request.
We hope to welcome you and your relatives again in the near future at Vinpearl Golf Phu Quoc.
Which will be that for the staff at Vinpearl Golf Phu Quoc to try our best to create great experiences for visitors.

Reviewed 29 January 2020 via mobile

The course lay out is nice enough and in good condition. The service doesn’t stack up for the cost though.

The first round we played they forgot to put our booking in the system when we called ahead. Then they stung us with a holiday surcharge when we got there which increased the price for two players out past US$500.

We asked to use the practice range to warm up and our caddies pushed us onto the tee 20 minutes before our tee time despite there being no one else there.

The second time we called to reserve a tee time and were allocated a spot at 2:30pm.

Whilst the first tee was free, we were moved to the 2nd to start and grouped with another pair.

This would normally be fine however the other couple took forever and we couldn’t finish our round before dark.

When we suggested we shouldn’t be charged full price the manager told us that we should have been able to get around 18 as a pair before sunset. They paired us with the other group and caused the delay.

The caddies were inattentive and spent a lot of the time on their phones. Their suggestions on how the greens would play was often wrong. Hire clubs are over priced and the grips were fairly worn/ weathered.

Course toilets weren’t open which wasn’t ideal for the ladies in our group.

Club house is pretty much non existent - it’s a shack with a reception desk.

The resort is a 10 minute trip down a busy road in a golf cart.

Unfortunately there are no other courses on the Island. Be prepared to pay top dollar for some mediocrity. There are courses in Vietnam to play with better atmosphere, caddies, service and facilities and I suggest spending your money there.

Date of experience: January 2020
Trung N, Người quản lý at Vinpearl Golf Phu Quoc, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2020

Thank you the your comments for our Golf Course. Sorry about that made you unhappy.
Which will be a great motivation for the staff at Vinpearl Golf Phu Quoc to try our best to create great experiences for visitors.

Reviewed 29 December 2019 via mobile

Nice course of 2 x9 holes course
First a bit watery second more forestry
Caddies ok
Buggy only and keep to the path all around
Nice views
Greens well kept and a bit devious
Clubhouse not the best but adequate

Trung N, Người quản lý at Vinpearl Golf Phu Quoc, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2019

Thank you for the compliments for our Golf Course.
We are happy about your sharing, which will be a great motivation for the staff at Vinpearl Golf Phu Quoc to try our best to create great experiences for visitors.

Reviewed 2 October 2019 via mobile

Having played golf in most countries, i can humbly say vietnam phu quoc is incredibly affordable.

Arrived in my hotel Vinpearl at 2pm. Called the pro shop who said come on down.

Shuttle direct from my villa to golf course. Greeted by 2 lovely caddies who bowed and smiled. Receptionist arranged my golf clubs, golf buggy and caddy. Out on course within 10minutes. Absolutely no one on the course, zoomed thru the holes seamlessly.

Golf course is in perfect condition. Tee boxes in wonderful condition. Fairways mowed flawlessly, greens true and fast. Every bunker was raked perfectly. Monkeys on several holes.

Caddy Mou was all smiles knew her yardages perfectly which concurred with my laser range finder.

Tip- stay at Vinpearl resort. Golf buggy you to the golf course, and u get a massive discount on the golf prices.

Date of experience: October 2019
Trung N, Người quản lý at Vinpearl Golf Phu Quoc, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2019

Thank you for the compliments for our Golf Course.
We hope to welcome you and your relatives in the near future at Vinpearl Golf Phu Quoc.

Reviewed 4 February 2019 via mobile

I just paid US$420 for two people which included green fees, rentals of equipment (for two) and caddy fees. Apparently it is the holiday price so there was a premium. Especially we were not guests of the resort and the fees were very high.
There was nothing special about the golf course - I expected sea views given it is located in the island, but this golf course lacked character, and no sea views or nothing.
I wouldn’t even pay this price in one of the most expensive countries to play golf - let alone in Vietnam in such a mediocre golf course.
Not recommended at all- stick with water sports on this island.

Date of experience: February 2019
3  Thank JJL437

Thank you the comment for our Golf Course. Sorry about this design that made you unhappy.