“Nice beach with friendly local people”

Phu Quoc Island Explorer - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$55.00*
and up
Phu Quoc Full-Day Island Hopping Boat Tour
Ranked #20 of 64 Tours in Phu Quoc Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Phu Quoc Island Explorer was created and developed as a trustful travel guide in which provide the most up to date travel related information in Phu Quoc Island for travelers. When to go, what to do, places to see, where to stay, what to eat.... You can find them all here. Some typical daily group tours in Phu Quoc, getaway packages in Phu Quoc or Combined Saigon - Mekong - Phu Quoc are also provided for your reference.
Reviewed 3 September 2014

We travelled from Ho Chi Minh city to the island by air and stayed at Phu Quoc museum hotel/resort. There is only 5 minutes walk across the main road from the museum to the beach. My family enjoyed swimming at the beach every afternoon. At night we took a taxi to the night market where there're lot of seafood selection. Cannot miss this. We also hired a taxi to Pear factory and around the Southern part of the island. However, we were not impressed with the poor condition road and over crowded beach.

Date of experience: October 2013
4  Thank Tina S

Reviewed 3 September 2014

Brightly shiny paradise

Instead of taking the direct flight from Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh city to Phu Quoc, I chose another route longer but more economical by high quality coach from Ho Chi Minh to Ha Tien. After one day exploring the used – to-be spots of attraction of “Ha Tien with ten places of interest”, I took a speedy boat to Phu Quoc island. How lucky we were to have good seats right in the cabin, just behind the driver, where we were free to contemplate splendid Southern sky with myriads of intact and extremely beautiful islands and islets of different sizes.
Only with 1.5 hour gliding speedily on the sea surface, the speed boat has landed to the port Bai Vong. With only one step on the port, you and all the ambiance around are filled with a vastly green color of the sea and sky, which astonished all the tourists. The sky in May is clearly blue and scattering with some masses of cloud floating and wandering with the ocean wind. Mildly shining sunrays, emerald color water washing to purely white shores, faraway whistling singing of birches….all there to bring you relaxing and peaceful feelings.
We chose a small typical resort of 2* lying on Tran Hung Dao street- “a retreat route” of Duong Dong town with myriads of hotels and resorts lying along the shore like holding it to “their arms”. This pretty resort is consisted of many bungalows lying under skyhigh shady coconut foliage by an extremely beautiful beach named Duong Dong. The young resort host welcomed us with a friendly smile and enthusiastically showed us to our room even though it’s just over 10am (usual check-in time is by 14pm)
Freely walking with bare feet on the fine sand like sugar, we were suddenly filled with a very pleasant feeling from the offshore wind making me get better after a long journey. The seawater here is transparantly clear and shining like a giant mirror. My little son of less than 1 year old was excited and ran here and there playing with the seawaves, while adults were indulging themselves satisfactorily in the cool water or excitedly building sand castles…All the daily worries and stress seemed to be washed away with the water.
On the shore, I could see many tourists rushing to Phu Quoc from every corner. There were many families with their kids like mine and many groups of young people. There were especially many foreign tourists, most of them are packbackers from Western countries. The hotel receptionist shared with us that those packbackers prefer to stay in 2* hotels or resorts and retreat for some weeks or even some months. Every day, they just lie on the beach sunbathing, doing massage, swimming, indulging themselves in the water, and…live and breathe with the immense ocean. That is to show how ideal Phu Quoc is!

Date of experience: October 2013
4  Thank Bui T
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Phu Quoc is one of my best loved beaches in Vietnam, along with the one in Nha Trang, so I have been here two times, each time for a stay of less than a week but absolutely enough for an exploration with my wife. My profile picture was taken there, as you can see. Very beautiful beach filled with white sands. If the weather is good, you will enjoy an unparallel seascape. There are not so much tourists so everyone can totally have a relaxing stay. The hotel we stayed is quite near the beach, which enable us to take a lovely walk in the evening after dinner is finished. Just can't love this place more! You won't regret coming here for a pleasant vacation!

Date of experience: March 2014
4  Thank Stefan H
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We have enjoyed 04 days at Phu Quoc. Like heaven on earth. Phu Quoc still retain its wild characters. Nice beach, good foods and people are very friendly and reliable.

Date of experience: March 2014