“Best bao (steamed buns) I’ve ever had ”
Review of Saigonese Eatery

Saigonese Eatery
Ranked #13 of 330 Restaurants in Phu Quoc Island
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Description: Tasty and artisanal Asian soul food. Serving up healthy breakfast and tasty dinner
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Ordered the pork and the chicken steamed buns which were amazing. I’ve had a lot of baos in my time and these were probably my favourite - I even ordered a second serve.
My partner had the fish and chips and one of their beers which was also great!
Highly recommend for lunch.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We were suprised about the taste of food and how friendly service we got! We ordered only starters for our dinner: lotus chips, steamed buns, roasted cauliflower with spicy wakame hollandaise, chicken wings and coconut salad. High recommendation for these dishes! Chocolate ganache and black sesame cake were also very good in the dessert list.

1  Thank annemariam2016
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I’ve been already five times there. Twice the first day I tried it.
Their breakfasts are awesome, I had the bacon and egg sandwich with beautiful bread and a iced coconut coffee. What’s not to love?

For lunch and dinner I have had the roasted cauliflower a couple of times already, really good with it’s hollandaise sauce, and I ask the chicken bao with the peanut sauce from the pork bao. The staff is very friendly and always helpful :)

Prices are good. They have a beer made in Saigon, a little bit expensive, but the one with passion fruit is something special.

1  Thank Adriana R
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We ate here in a group of four. I got the duck because it looks amazing on the pictures. And it was!! Highly recommended! All my friends loved their food as well and the coconut gin tonic was very tasty as well!

1  Thank chricktravels
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Friends suggested heading to Saigonese eatery for a few snacks and drinks before our dinner one night. Would have probably stayed for a full meal but were meeting people at another restaurant. Food was delicious and very well presented, staff were very friendly and the interior space is ace. Had the local chips and cauliflower, as they were vegetarian options, and both were amazing. Would definitely suggest a visit!