“Good Pizza”

Shamboli's
Ranked #6 of 86 Restaurants in Olongapo
Price range: US$6 - US$8
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Cosy place and nice pizza, probably the best pizza in town. The pizzas are American quality, not Italian though. Friendly service.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

This place "use to" have the best pizza here in Barrio Barretto, but "Not Anymore"!!! Since January 2018 something or someone has changed the pizzas there. Now, they are right online with the "cardboard pizzas" you can find here. Their crust used to be close to 1/2 inch thick and had good pockets of air from the dough rising. Now they are under 1/4 inch thick and really compressed like cardboard. One time event, nope I waited before writing this one and a half months, still ordering their pizzas as I thought maybe it was a one time event. Next is toppings and sauce. Used to be on a "meat lovers" or "Hawaiian" the sauce covered the crust and there was ample toppings. Now, well it leaves you wondering where the rest of the pizza is at! Final "dagger" was in view of the bad crusts and reduced toppings/sauce figure that they reduced the price - right ???? Nope, they increased the prices !!!!! My pizza where all delivered and every time I was disappointed !!!!!

Shambolis P, Owner at Shamboli's, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Hello Bill, your feedback is highly appreciated. We would like to appologize for your bad experience and no one likes when something they enjoy changes for the worst. We make our dough fresh daily and did have a change in the process in order to get a more consistant result. There were some "growing pains" while transitioning to this new process, but have since worked through them and believe we now have a far more superior product with consistency. Regarding the thickness, that to has been sorted out and would like to remind other potential customers that we now offer a Thin, Regular, and Thick crust choice. Regarding the toppings, I had recently hired some new kitchen staff in December and January. As with all new staff, they need to be trained and mistakes are higher early on in the training process. These issues too have been resolved. We value all of our customers and hope that you come back and sample the improvements. Thank you.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

We ordered the Pacquiao KO and the Quesadilla and the taste of these dishes are superb. These never disappoint.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Been coming here for over 10 years and always been meaning to try this place. I ordered the 10" Pepperoni with extra cheese and was very pleased with it. It came piping hot. With great homemade pizza base. A refreshing change to most pizza I have had here which all seem premade on factory type base.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

This is where I always eat whenever I want pizza when I stay in Barretto. They have great lasagna also. Try the chixza... moist fried chicken covered in pizza sauce and veggies... very good!