Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Martin P
London, United Kingdom

Peaceful and convenient

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jan 19, 2020
I have stayed in several hotels in Barrio Barretto over the years and this is by far the best. My room was immaculate with an excellent shower and lots of hot water. There's a good restaurant; very suitable for families as it is quiet with lots of space and a great view out over the bay. If you want something with a bit more going on, the Blue Rock is around the corner.

The only significant negative was the ongoing building work during the day - adding a fifth floor as far as I could make out. It will be interesting to see whether an elevator is added - it needs one!
Date of stay: January 2020
1.0 km from Mangrove Resort Hotel
₱1,313
3.4 km from Mangrove Resort Hotel
Spa
Nice food ,good ambiance there also a  Essa lounge Bar which you can see the sbfz view Nice stay and friendly staff. The room is elegant and nice to stay.
₱7,568
Easy and fast booking
  • Vio.com
3.5 km from Mangrove Resort Hotel
View more hotels in Olongapo
All reviews brewed coffee ocean view restaurant staff lea philippines filipino servings
Selected filters
Reviewed January 5, 2020 via mobile

Great location. Friendly staff.
View of the beach is breathtaking. Pool is very clean.
WiFi is not that strong but is expected if you want to de-stress from social media and just enjoy nature and the resort's amenities.
New year party was very lively, song selection by the Band was excellent and everyone enjoyed the set. The Pinoy Freddie Mercury was very entertaining.
Highly recommended especially for families.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2020

Another excellent time over Christmas and new year. Despite the busy season all the staff from reception, to waitresses, kitchen and cleaning staff always attentive and helpful often anticipating our needs. The beach was clean and swept daily, boat rides and jet skis available. The food is purchased almost daily so is very fresh and well presented and cooked. Good TV and fast WiFi throughout. Would thoroughly recommend for anybody wanting a weekend away. Reception can quickly organize transport and there are a couple of supermarkets only 5 minutes walk away.

Room tip: The pool is on the 3rd floor. 80 percent of rooms have sea view
Reviewed December 22, 2019

Very accommodating staff. Clean and spacious rooms. Well maintained pool and an awesome view of subic baloy beach. Shoreline is very short though. A great place to relax and dine with your family. short drive to subic freeport if you want to go on shopping. A little bit pricey compared with nearby resorts but it was worth it! Highly recommended.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 15, 2019

IF THERE WERE MORE THAN 5-STARS I WOULD GRANT MAXIMUM, ALWAYS.
I had stayed 4 times previously in 2 years.
I have also stayed in more than 1000 hotel nights in various hotels BUT to be greeted by LEA ( the receptionist ) with a "good afternoon Sir , welcome back - I REMEMBERED TO PUT YOUR CHAIR IN THE SHOWER " MELTED my heart as this has NEVER been done before.
As a physically challenged very regular business traveler, THIS service level is awesome and that from a receptionist (I'm implying that higher graded employees or even management has NOT even practiced this service level).
check-in went smoothly and our requested room was immaculate and well cooled as they do for all guests hence requesting your check-in time.
there were minor staff changes in the restaurant with a new trainee visible who NEVER failed to impress which came with a genuine warm smile.
Vanessa and her squad were faultless as usual.
one morning I decided to watch the sunrise at 05h47 and it was calm and peaceful whilst in the dark a worker was sweeping patterns into the sand whilst around me in a dark restaurant another worker was sweeping in front of each guest bedroom.
Vanessa arrived at 06h00 it was still dark , greeted and said "sir, brewed coffee, 3 sugars with hot milk , ok" MAGIC SERVICE from the get-go.
all the food was well presented, made with the freshest ingredients and there was not one dish I would NOT repeat, all were awesome. some of the servings like the thai-fried rice with chicken topped with poached egg were sufficient for two.
i never had to call for service nor additional condiments as they remembered my request for additional chopped chilli.
to me the BEST brewed coffee in the Philippines and it always taste the same unlike some branded coffees who vary and more expensive.
after the first meal the staff established I was eating only chicken and they recommended accordingly.
intuitive to say the least.
the staff arranged refreshments and ice for the 2 hour boat trip.
every menu item was available and the staff even described the cut of chicken used for the ADOBO.
I've stayed at branded and higher graded establishments and paid more and therefore do not agree with the "pricey" comments.
the current building alterations never interfered with my stay and certainly good news if more rooms become available.
i said to a staff member "I hope you are here when I return in 2 months" and she answered "sir, this is like my HOME, I LOVE IT HERE".
a beautiful statement to complete another beautiful stay !!!

Room tip: ROOM 103, ground floor, noise free, ocean view, perfect.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank arnell b
Reviewed November 11, 2019

Helpful staff, nothing special but good food, pool is functional, clean with a nice view, room is spacious but can be noisy if situated near the restaurant, with that pricing I think basic breakfast at least can be included.

Sad that the waves are crazily big and we cant go down in the water area but overall good experience and will def be back here.

Date of stay: November 2019