8 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 07/06/22
Priceline$67
Hotels.com$75
Travelocity$75
All reviews rooftop pool needs improvement outstanding hotel pool towels night stay rooms are spacious live band ocean view pools medyo floor swimmers ang consumable toilet
Selected filters
Reviewed May 6, 2022 via mobile

Hotel's drainage is directly going to the beach. Water is smelly, full of trashes such as food wrappers and bottles. Take note, the hotel has a private access to a public beach.
No towels, no beds, no chairs, no lifeguard in the beachfront.

Kids are free of charge, without extrabed. With extrabed, you'll be charge for 1500php.
Additional towels are also with charged, so you need to share towels with your kids.
There will be towels provided in the pool area, but you can't bring them on your room neither in front of the beach.

Ground floor pool is open from 7am to 4pm. Water temperature is very cold!
Rooftop pool is open from 4pm to 10pm. Water temperature is warm, very pleasant to swim. Careful not to injure your feet with the pool's flooring as its tiles are coming out.

For the price you pay, there will be complimentary two bottled water, soap and shampoo. Glasses and mugs are provided. However, no complimentary tea neither coffee. Take a picture of your minibar, frontdesk made me pay 4 bottles of mineral water which I didn't consume.

Service and management is really poor. You need to be patient, cause you'll be always waiting. Waiting to be called for check in. Waiting for a towel that will never come.
Even in the restaurant, you'll wait everytime you'll ask for something : water, ice, even for the bill.
For breakfast we waited 45mins for the food.

Advantages : Interior design and rooms are beautiful and spacious.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Traveled with family
Central Park Reef, General Manager at Central Park Reef Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2022

Thank you for the review. However, I must correct some of your information which is false. Firstly, the hotel's drainage is not on the beach. In fact, our hotel is the only one along the beach side of the road with a proper STP (sewer treatment plant) where our waste water is properly treated. As for the beach itself, although we would love to develop it, we cannot legally do so since it is technically owned by the people.

As for our prices and fees, none are hidden. We understand that everyone has a budget and we cannot please all. As for the beach towels, we had so many go missing in the rooms that it forced us to prohibit them from being removed from the pool area.

Finally, the hotel is operating at near capacity so yes, our wait times for check-in/check-out and restaurant services are longer than we want. We are aware of those issues and we are trying to improve. However, again, finding qualified employees and training them takes time. Some workers are still hesitant to return to work due to Covid concerns. The hotel has really only operated continuously for less than one year, so please have a little patience. We will never be perfect, but we will keep trying.

Reviewed April 23, 2022 via mobile

This hotel is centrally located on the beach and surrounded by various bars and so on. It's also quite new and the rooms especially the suites are nice superficially. Although the building is not old it's starting to crumble with cracks in the plaster and the wall paper coming off. Cleanliness is poor. My room was never cleaned despite the tag on my door for that. Cockroaches in my room and blood on the sheets and wall of my friend's room. Checking in and out both very time consuming and irritating. First you have to pay cash for your room plus a deposit. This means multiple withdrawal from the ATM accross the road to pay. Sure you can pay credit card but at much higher rates. When you try to check out they tell you to take a seat while the check the room but it's so congested due to inefficiency that there are no seats as so many people are waiting. They did not care I was in a rush with a taxi waiting outside for me. You have no choice as at this stage they still owe you 1000 PHP refund for deposit. The refund is not calculated correctly with charges for items not used.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Central Park Reef, General Manager at Central Park Reef Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2022

Unfortunately on occasion we get guests whose review has only one purpose and that is bad mouth the hotel. For whatever reason, they hide behind the internet instead of bringing their concerns to the management at the hotel where issues can be addressed on the spot. If the room was not made up, a simple phone call to the front desk would have certainly resolved that issue. As for the wait times at the front desk to check in or check out, especially on the weekends, yes, we are aware of that issue and we are trying to address it. Sometimes we have as many as 80 to 90 persons trying to check in or out at the same time. We have added more computers and staff already to try to alleviate that issue. As for the comments on the building, I have to disagree with that. We don't have blood on the walls and sheets. Again, not sure why this reviewer is so set on defaming the hotel,,,,but I hope he or she learns to relax. Life is too short to be so negative.

Reviewed April 20, 2022

The hotel architecture is very nice and great to look at. The pool area also has a nice view, very nice. The staff were all attentive and adhere to all our requests. Glad that we stayed in this hotel and we absolutely enjoyed it there.

Date of stay: February 2022

Thank you for the kind comments. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the facility. Hope to see you back at the Reef for a future visit.

Reviewed February 26, 2022 via mobile

I love how neat and clean the rooms are. The room and t&b are very spacious. The hotel lobby resembles with a cruise ship. Great Aesthetics, overall! However, the food quality and waiting time needs to be improved. I ordered grilled pork chops and the meat came out dry, far from what I expected considering the price of the food. The food service takes 30 to 45 minutes so it was a bummer. The diner table service button doesn’t seem to work, we tried holding the button multiple times and yet no server came to our place. I had to go to the counter to order. My dad almost got locked out on the toilet because the door knob on the diner malfunctioned.

Overall, I love the ambiance, cleanliness, and space of the rooms. My family had a great time enjoying the beach and water activities. The hotel’s dining experience and amenities really needs improvement and I believe that they can still work on these things.

Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2022

We booked two rooms for a night's stay for a family of 5 last Dec 19. This is our first trip as a family since the pandemic struck so we are still a bit paranoid about safety and chose to travel local this time, and closer to the city. My children are well-travelled so I needed to manage their expectations when it comes to local hotels in this area. But we are surprised when we got to our destination! The hotel is quite new and well-designed. We like the architecture of the pools and the hotel itself, my kids said it reminded them of the Royal Carribean cruises. The rooftop pool sure looks like the Windjammer of a cruise ship, so it gives you some mini cruise feels. The rooms are spacious and very clean with high-end finishing and fixtures. It is consciously-designed with classy bed and furniture - at par with international standards. It has everything that we need. The hotel room seems to be cleaned and sanitized well, and smells fresh - I hate it when rooms smell moldy and this one is definitely not. The shower is one of the best design and space I've seen in hotels, and I've been to hotels in LA. The hotel didn't have much amenities except for two small but nice pools at the ground floor and the rooftop, and a diner - but were ok with it. Note that we booked two executive rooms on discounted rates so we can't complain about amenities, which Í see a lot of reviewers complain a lot particularly if they booked the highly-priced rooms (which I also personally think is not worth it). We ate at the diner for early dinner and breakfast which is a bit pricey but expected of hotel prices. The food is good as well as the service, and we don't want to go out and move our car because we might lose our parking spot. Just some of the things below for improvement. Again, we're not complaining but suggesting only:)

1. Covid-safety measures - there is none in this hotel, not even a temperature check, so you have to do your own precautions and social distancing. There are reminders around the hotel that visitors don't pay attention to. We're a group of five and sometimes, people would still squeeze in inside elevators. Good thing, the elevators are working and are pretty fast.
2. I mentioned that the architecture is good, but the access to the beach, pools and back to the rooms were not well-thought of. I suggest putting more showers by the entrance from the beach and dressing rooms near the pools so the lobby floors and diners won't get wet and be a slip-hazard. The elevator floors are always sandy and messy. I suggest converting the cabanas beside the ground floor pool into showers and dressing areas, and the live band area in the diner, too. Sorry, not a big fan of noisy entertainment. Otherwise, create a separate access and designate an elevator for wet access. Also, I suggest putting an outdoor carpeting for the commonly wet areas for safety.
3. Car parking - I hope they can rent a space outdoor for extra parking as the parking is too small for the size of the hotel. For a classy hotel, do expect that most visitors will come by car.
4. Receptionists badly needed training in international relations. They are cold and unwelcoming, and looks disinterested.

Room tip: Choose upper rooms for a quieter experience.
Date of stay: December 2021
Central Park Reef, General Manager at Central Park Reef Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2022

Dear Myrlat2015, Thank you for taking the time to detail your observations and recommendations. As the newest and largest hotel in the area, we will certainly admit that we have areas where we can improve. We have already taken some measures like adding a second set of steps down to the beach, adding a second shower and even enclosing the lobby with sound proof glass in order to eliminate noise in the guest rooms. As for the car park, we recognized the need for additional parking right away so we purchased an offsite lot just down the street from the hotel where we valet park up to an additional 40 vehicles. That additional parking area is already available and being used. We are constantly making improvements and it will only get better once the COVID restrictions on the staff and the guests are lifted and we can return to some kind of normalcy.

Again, thank you for the feedback and for staying with us. Have a wonderful 2022.