Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
iamcryptodad

Disappointing Experience at Wild Orchid Baloy Beach

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 15, 2023via mobile
My recent stay at Wild Orchid Baloy Beach left a lot to be desired. While the location was beautiful, I encountered several issues that greatly affected my overall experience. Here's a breakdown of my concerns:

Lack of Hot Water: One of the major disappointments during my stay was the absence of hot water. It was frustrating not to have this basic amenity, especially when I wanted to relax and unwind after a long day. This definitely needs improvement.
Uncomfortable Pillows: The pillows provided were incredibly firm and uncomfortable. This made it challenging to get a good night's sleep, and I woke up feeling more tired than when I went to bed. Softer and more supportive pillows would greatly enhance the quality of guests' rest.
Subpar Service: Unfortunately, the service I experienced at Wild Orchid Baloy Beach did not meet my expectations. The staff seemed disinterested and inattentive, often standing around instead of addressing guests' needs promptly. This lack of attentiveness negatively impacted the overall experience.
Unprofessional Behavior: I observed a concerning issue during my stay where the staff appeared to focus more on watching guests, particularly their partners, while they swam in their bikinis. This made me feel uncomfortable and unsafe around the staff. It is essential for the management to maintain professionalism and ensure guests' privacy and security are respected at all times.
Inadequate Service: Another aspect that fell short was the lack of availability of staff to attend to guests' requests. The service was practically nonexistent, and it felt as though our needs were being ignored. Timely assistance and attentiveness would greatly enhance the overall guest experience.
Insufficient Bedding: Lastly, there was a shortage of comforters provided in the rooms. This left me feeling cold during the night and made it challenging to sleep comfortably. Ensuring an adequate supply of bedding would greatly improve the comfort levels for guests.
Overall, my experience at Wild Orchid Baloy Beach did not live up to my expectations. I hope that the management takes note of these concerns and implements necessary improvements to enhance the comfort, service, and professionalism for future guests
Date of stay: May 2023
Room Tip: Go booked somewhere else or lower your expectations to the very minimum.
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
The Executive Two King A at the Mangrove Resort Hotel
    ₱761
    ₱749
3.8 km from Wild Orchid Beach Resort
View more hotels in Olongapo
All reviews beach front large pool great pool a bit pricey long beach sbma
Selected filters
Reviewed May 1, 2023

A week ago, I booked a "superior Deluxe" room with bathtub, for our 8th couple Anniversary, as I wanted to treat my wife for this occasion. As she was around and I couldn't speak, I immediately confirmed by e-mail, requesting (with a supplement) some flowers and chocolates. First my request was denied for "short notice" ! Like you need over 2 days to pick a flew flowers and buy some chocolates... Upon arrival, we had to pay the total amount, 18'000 peso, in advance ! Now I understand why... The first room did not have a bathtub, so I demanded that my booking to be fulfilled ! Then we were brought to the one with a bathtub... For the whole week-end we didn't have any warm water, so no bathtub, no shower ! The room was filthy... I ate a cookie on saturday afternoon, the crumbs were still on the nightstand when we left on monday ! The room 581 "Superior Deluxe" is totally run down, just check the pictures !!! Stains everywhere on the walls, dirty windows, loose electric wires hanging in front of windows... Cobwebs on the Shower ceiling... And the bathtub... Probably some antiques from the 19th century when you see this piece of work (pictures to prove...). If you like geology, you will enjoy that room, as you also havbe a wonderful "fault line" going across the room ! Now the restaurant... Many dishes are "unavailable" even simple hashbrowns !!! What's left is totally overpriced and the crew prefers to sit and make jokes about the customers (bad luck, my wife is pinay and understood the whole lot...) ! So all in all ? A week-end in Hell at the price of a very good hotel in Manila... Just stay away !

Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2023

This hotel is old dirty and needs major upgrades. They give you an actual key for room door. Towels are old and useless do not dry at all. Was billed for new towels because of stain during wiping their filthy showers.. Shower hot window does not open. The pool is dirty with leaves. Extra towels are extra charge. The ATM machine did not dispense money and staff could not solve problem. This osg not resort status needs 90% improvements to be consider resort in WEST

Room tip: Stay away from disappointment They give you what they want not what you ook
Date of stay: February 2023
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gus N
Reviewed March 21, 2023

For a hotel that litterially is or has so many great qualities, like large pool, friendly staff, great foods, guarded gate 24/7 so your most definitely feel safe all the time. Large bed and free wifi. Hotel is accommodating to others. The amenities are adequate for what you pay.

Date of stay: February 2023
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 16, 2023

We joined a Subic HOLYLAND pilgrimage and side stayed at Wild Orchid resorts. Front desk ( Angelica) very gracious, polite, helpful. Mang Jason delaRosa the porter--over all around porter would be so quick to assist me. ( Senior-PWD). bit rundown hotel, BUT i love its Marble flooring. Assigned us a quiet room upper floor. Super near the beach. Scalliwag Cafe resto has limited chooices, but the server, Gerald very helpful. Guards very nice too

Room tip: Book upper room avoid noise. Check room before you agree to stay iin
Date of stay: January 2023
Reviewed December 27, 2022 via mobile

Located about 20- 30 mins away from SBMA and 100 meters away from the main road Olongapo Bugallon National Highway. You actually see the signage with directions to Baloy Long Beach. It is a 5 storey resort hotel...with frontbeach rooms. However, the beach and the beachfront rooms were actually located at the back of the hotel and you have to cross a small street to get there. They have Scallwag restaurant which offered 24hours service whether dine in or room service. Food is ok but a bit pricey. Staff were all nice. Parking space is big. Swimming is somewhat L-shaped and quite big as well. Rooms were ok. Suggest the Executive Room @ the 5th floor which offers a veranda with near yet a bit far view of the beach and offers a jacuzzi.

Room tip: double check the room rate offers and the number of pax included before you click
Date of stay: December 2022