US$47
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
All reviewsbarefoot barbeach frontsubic baypool sidehuge swimming poolfree shuttlelive bandsteakangeles citypay cashgreat poolsubic areaother hotelsfor salebeach areapool tablea bit pricey
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

I rush on bus asking bill. Last minute they take money and 100 tip for two burger meals at 155 each l think and 2 pineapple drinks. Place is nice and top rooms are 10k. I booked a room by beach and to be fair didn't stay there. Orchid bus last minute scam. Dec 23 l got scammed and you need honest staff. To be fair you can be scammed anywhere.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Max T
Reviewed 19 January 2018

The charge when we arrived was actually P5,000 for a beach room. The door was a sliding glass door with a very poor lock that actually broke and needed a make shift repair. There is a beachfront restaurant which offered average food and decent live entertainment. You are told as you book in that you are not allowed to bring any food or drink to your room. You must either purchase all from the hotel or eat out. There is no happy hour and no deals here. The new manager was very helpful and made the stay more tolerable. I believe this place would be okay with a more friendly reception and improved services. the location was on the beach and okay.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled with friends
3  Thank Boracayjaner
Reviewed 17 January 2018

I have stayed at the Wild Orchid many times for extended stays during the last 5 years. Until now, it has always been my go to hotel in the Subic area.

This time I had an Bayfront room (first time in this room type), The bar next door was so loud. The shower was large, but needed a good cleaning.

All in all, I'll be trying a different hotel for my next stay.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank CEMike1985
Reviewed 17 January 2018

Stayed in Wild Orchid Beach Resort, Subic for 3 days and we enjoyed our stay. My friends and I had fun in the pool. It is big and relaxing, perfect to unwind. Our room was a bit old but clean and organize. Thanks to the room service which always makes sure that our room and stuff were taken good care. Before I forget, we had a smooth check-in wherein the front desk personnel is very helpful and gave us some tips on what to visit while in Subic to enjoy our vacation. Very thankful for that, thank you to all the staff and management.

The food in the Barefoot Bar is good plus they have a live band every night which add flavor to the place. Nice set of songs and they accept requests. The staff are all friendly and approachable. They are attentive and helpful all the way.

I would love to recommend the place, I have read other reviews but our experience was different. Good stay in this hotel. We’ll be going back soon.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

Booked two rooms , thought we had a double for me and wife and another room with 2 beds for my mother in law, sister in law and family friend but when we arrived we had two double bed rooms , maybe I booked it wrong but was sure I’d booked it right, anyhow had to pay 5000 pesos extra for a mattress to go on the floor for the friend.
The rooms were ok, shower had good pressure and hot water, safety boxes.
The wooden floor of the hotel was rotting and they were replacing it during our stay, the pool table cues had no tips which I though was poor, the pool was big and clean and best feature of hotel. We didn’t eat in restaurant as my parents stayed here 9 months before and said food wasn’t very good.
The hairdryer provided on request was very small and not great , there was no complimentary welcome drink, no tea or coffee in the rooms a kettle was provided on request and had to but our own sachets etc.
The location is good, and staff were very nice, the place could do with a refit really and it’s not that cheap, overall I’d say ok but could do better.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family