Lowest prices for your stay
$50
Free cancellation until 10/15/22
Priceline$49
Hotels.com$50
Trip.com$54
All reviews balcony room great swimming lagoon side walking street pay cash filipino breakfast worked fine sm mall pools angeles lorna ac refurbishing security clark guard trike
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I checked in on 2 Sept and checked out on 5 Sept, the room was perfect for me, and the service at this resort was outstanding pool is first class, all the times I have stayed in AC this is the first time at this resort. I will be staying here for now on when I visit AC. The check in and check out was very fast, they had everything ready for me. If you stay at this hotel you can't go wrong. Lorna IS OUTSTANDING, she has worked at this hotel a long time and if you need to know something she can tell you or find out for you. All the front desk staff was also outstanding. Once again thank for a great stay. Security is a must at this hotel if you bring a girl from the club they will check her ID and when she leaves they will make sure your ok. See you all again.

Room tip: a room facing the pool, you can sit outside on your balcony and watch everything around the pool area.
Date of stay: September 2022
Reviewed July 30, 2022

From check-in to check-out the staff exhibited a sincerely kind and professional demeanor. The cleaning personnel were very accommodating working around my schedule. The food staff of the restaurant and room service were always smiling and very polite. The guards were attentive even calling for a trike when needed. The ladies that staffed the front desk were cheerful and efficient. They helped me with my transportation needs which were executed without a hiccup. Even the maintenance staff were extremely polite. Everyone's attitude was indicative of the great customer service at this hotel.
The food was also very good, and the portions were appropriate. I ate numerous meals here and was never disappointed. Of note was the Filipino breakfast, the garlic rice especially.
I booked a Lagoon Family Balcony room as I like a large room. It consisted of a dining, living, and sleeping area with an extremely large balcony area overlooking the pools. The king size bed was quite comfortable and there were four large pillows of varying thicknesses. The bathroom contained a large shower only, no tub, but fit my needs perfectly. The large balcony overlooking the pools provided a nice respite to absorb the last light of the day. When dusk came the hotel exterior black lights illuminated the hotel providing a relaxing feeling.
Now there are some issues I did observe so please take note as they may or may not affect your stay. The hotel has been around for quite some time, and it does need a face lift. The bathroom in my room could do with a new shower head and control valves. They worked fine but did leak some. The exterior railings of the balcony could use some refurbishing and painting. The lighting fixtures could do with replacing but were adequate. The lagoon side pool was under maintenance, and I did see the maintenance staff working to remedy the pool issues.
There are other hotels in the area which may be newer, but the Wild Orchid has a certain character, a soul if you will. The open layout of the eating/ bar area overlooking the pools provided a very relaxing "I'm on vacation" feel which added to the soulfulness of the hotel.
I can only speak to my experience here so please take form this review what you will. I do recommend this hotel and most definitely would stay here again.

Reviewed July 25, 2022

spent 5 nights in a lagoon side room with pool access . enjoyed our stay wth wonderfull staff , food and 2 great swimming pools . will be back next year for a longer stay . some days i would swim around the lagoon then cross 10 metres to the restaurant side pool and do a lap there . i was the only guest using the pools at that time .

Room tip: rooms 112 , 113 , 114 , 115 lagoon poolside rooms with direct access to the pool.
Reviewed July 20, 2022

The hotel is nice, the pool is top notch, and the staff is very nice the problem is the rooms need to be in better operating shape. The ceiling fan in the room did not work, it would not change speeds, just barely turned, the staff said they would repair in the morning but never did. The keys for the room did not work, they had to finally get the manager to resolve the issue after 3 failed attempts. The water in the shower was hot but barely any water pressure, this was better than my stay there 2 years ago when we did not get any hot water. I will stay there again, because I like the place and we like the manager, but please pay more attention to your rooms, and make sure everything works.

Reviewed June 21, 2022 via mobile

Take time for just a second or two and look at the meaning of Shangri la…..
Now you get my meaning here
The Wild Orchid is rare amongst Hotels in that in many cases as they age they lose their lustre, drop a star or two and fade from view
Not so this gem of a hotel
Two swimming pools form the centrepiece here, framed by what seems 3 and 5 level Havana 50’s style buildings connecting the accommodation, foyer, bars and front office.
Security is omnipresent giving a safe feeling on top of the atmosphere generated by the smiling and helpful staff.
They have a few categories of room available, all seem to be spotlessly clean, good size and functional.
The food that leaves their kitchen is excellent with the menu catering for many tastes ( if you want something not covered by the menu the kitchen’s chef will try to please.
The location is just another reason for a visit being in the centre of the Angeles entertainment.
All in all worth staying!

Date of stay: June 2022