Lowest prices for your stay
$35
Fully refundable before 04/06/23
Hotels.com$33
Priceline$31
Travelocity$33
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 14, 2019 via mobile

Easy to all the bars ...clean n change towls daily...2 free waters ...no hair dryer....great place to stayed....will come back....very safe location..u can leave your luggage if u going to another town for a few days

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 10, 2019 via mobile

Positives: friendly respectful staff, great location. Room was good size too

Negatives: Bed is very hard and a bit uncomfortable to sleep on, soap wasn't refreshed everyday so I always had to ask for more, no free guest toothbrushes when most other hotels provide these, hot water was only just warm on a 2nd shower, aircon was either too cold or if turn it down too hot but it wouldnt go in between. Mini fridge constantly had small silver bait cockroaches running from underneath the fridge too which seemed very unhygienic.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 28, 2018

Booked through their own website…
Not stayed here for a few years, so it was time to return to one of my favorite places to stay while in Angeles City..
Check in was like a trip down memory lane where so many staff remembered me, very nice to be remembered….
The hotel has not lost it’s charm, the staff are so friendly and welcoming it’s just so nice…
The room I booked was a Superior Room, just as before it was perfect, can not find any fault at all, possibly the shower could be a touch hotter, but that is personal choice. Plenty of English channels on the cable TV, the aircon was extremely efficient, of course a room safe was in the room, fridge with mini bar etc etc… The Wi-Fi was not very good, but the hotel provided me with a router for my room and it was perfect after that….
Also booked an airport pick-up from Manila, the driver was there and did not disappoint….
For me it’s really hard to find any fault with this hotel…

But..
I had breakfast on 3 occasions during my stay here, it was not good, a restaurant that serves “American breakfast” where you can not have a cup of tea???? Also first breakfast, eggs under cooked and no toast served, second breakfast was ok, third breakfast eggs so overcooked you could use them as rubbery place mats….
I must stress the restaurant is nothing to do with the hotel, but with the breakfast so bad, would you order room service? Not a chance in my book..

Back to the hotel, I would like to thank all the staff for making my stay here a very enjoyable experience and I will repeat it when I come back again next year….

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 21, 2018

Check in was onerous, i had to provide agoda reference number even when they knew my name in advance and could validate my booking with my passport. Annoying.

The rooms were creepy and looked like any hotel in pattaya, well (over?) stocked mini bar that we didn’t use and no toiletries provided. Also a lot of noise from barking dogs outside the window at 5am.

Why on earth people write 5,4 or even 3 star reviews about this hotel is beyond me; perhaps they don’t travel much and have no yardsticks with which to compare it?

Not recommended.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Hotel Royal A, General Manager at Hotel Royal Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2018

Dear Mr 947anthony

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and I wish to reply to your feedback.

We are sorry you were annoyed when you checked in, however I would like to point out that when you book your stay through Agoda they send you a voucher which states on the voucher that you, the customer, needs to present this voucher at the time of check in. Agoda also requires we at the hotel follow the following procedures upon checking in a guest:

Attention Hotel Staff
You need to ensure the following at check-in

- Guest holds booking confirmation with the correct reservation details

- Guest has valid photo ID

As you can see we were simply following the proper procedures when our staff checked you in.

In addition, your assessment of our rooms appears to be quite opposite of the vast majority of other reviews on this web site. You compare us to “any hotel in Pattaya”, however there are over 5300 hotels in that city so I am not quite sure what that means. I can say that we did remodel and upgrade our rooms in 2015/2016 and generally get complements on our rooms. Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but it appears to be quite the opposite of the other reviews we have received over the last couple of years.

In regards to the overstocked mini bar, I am sorry if you felt we put to many items in your mini bar. Of course if you had requested we remove some or all of them, we gladly would have.

On the issue of the barking dogs, based on all other feedback we regularly get, this has not appeared to be a regular issue and again I apologize for this occurring at the time of your stay. However we really cannot control what goes on outside of the hotel and since we are located on Walking Street, there can occasionally be some excess noise.

Again we appreciate you taking the time to review us on this site and wish you well in your future travels.

GM, Hotel Royal Amsterdam

Reviewed September 20, 2018

Always glad to stay at Royal Ansterdam. A special mention of thanks to Ms Dina and Ms Arlene always helpful. Rooms are big, spacious and clean. Housekeeping done daily. Its quiet and nice. Near to food and beverage outlets. Thank you.

Room tip: Rooms are big, spacious and clean. Any room is good.
Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Pushparani M