“LEWIS GRAND HOTEL”

Lewis Grand Hotel
Ranked #39 of 70 Hotels in Angeles City
“LEWIS GRAND HOTEL”
Reviewed April 18, 2017 via mobile

Lewis Grand Hotel joined the long list of hotels that have been opening inside and outside of Clark Air Base, the newest hub in Central Luzon, in 2007. It is located along Don Juico Avenue where hotels are aplenty. But what makes Lewis Grand Hotel different from the other hotels in the area? First and foremost…it is a businessman’s hotel and boasts of four well furnished Presidential Suites. It also has Executive Suites suitable for businessmen who want to mix business with pleasure. It is also the first hotel in the city that has a “tent”… the Lewis Grand Event Pavillion (just like the NBC tent we have in BGC,The Fort-Taguig)… which is a favorite venue for weddings, birthdays and different events. The pavillion can accomodate up to 500 guests. They also have the Estrellita Ballroom which can cater to 50 to 200 guests.

As soon as you enter Lewis Grand Hotel, you will be awed at the spiral staircase in the lobby which is an “instagrammable” spot in itself. The lobby is spacious with well appointed lounges where you can relax while waiting for your room keys to be handed to you and a nice place to entertain expected guests.

My family and I have stayed in a few hotels near Clark Air Base and I was surprised at the grandeur of Lewis Grand Hotel. They have a very inviting pool with a bar, a restaurant which serves delicious food, big spacious rooms and their Wifi connection (which is very vital as everyone is on the web these days) is thumbs up for me…. from the lobby, to the rooms, pool area and restaurant.

They have different types of rooms that you can choose from to suit your needs. From the Deluxe Rooms, Superior Rooms, Executive Suites and the Presidential Suites. Most of their rooms have big bath tubs and some have jacuzzi’s just like what they have in the Executive Suites.

Some rooms have a very nice view overlooking the pool, Clark Air Base and nearby towns and/or city. Just like the room where we were billeted, it had a great view of the pool and you could take a beautiful shot of the sunrise or the sunset. How lovely it was to wake up in the morning with the sun peeping through the curtains!

And let me add that their beds are very comfortable and would make you lay down in bed the whole day. It’s what staycations are for…to enjoy, have fun and get the relaxation you deserve.

Lewis Grand Hotel also takes pride in having The Avenue Restaurant which serves American and Filipino dishes. It’s menu is impressive and also serves buffet breakfast for those who want to start their day with a hearty meal.

On the day we checked in…we tried their “grill night” which was a dinner buffet near the poolside with singers serenading you (at the poolside bar) while you’re dining al fresco. The buffet spread consisted of soup, salads, steaks, grilled chicken, pork barbeque, ribs and a Mongolian bar/station. It was a feast to behold and was very affordable at the price of P499.00+ per head. Walk in clients can even use the pool for free…which was another attraction to their “grill night.” This is something you should check out if you’re living within the area. It’s a good family treat!

The following day, we had buffet breakfast at The Avenue Restaurant. It had a wide array of food on the buffet table to choose from. From their omelette/egg station, pancakes, salads, sausages, breads, fresh fruits and more! I seldom indulge in having a hearty breakfast but this time was not the best time to refuse one. Before we checked out, we had lunch again at The Avenue Restaurant where we satisfied our tummies with Fresh Vegetable Spring Rolls (one of my favorites), Cajun Salmon, Jerk Chicken, Baby Back Ribs (the ribs were tender and I love the potato wedges that came with it) and Spiced Shrimp Scampy Pasta. Desserts were two delectable cakes…Chocolate Cake and Bluberry Cheesecake. It was definitely a feast for us and our cravings were perfectly satisfied!

Lewis Grand Hotel has indeed come a long way.It’s now known not only as a businessman’s hotel but also a staycation’s haven and one of the best hotels where you can celebrate important milestones in your life or your family members.

With or without any occassion, make Lewis Grand Hotel your home away from home. For reservations and inquiries …you may get in touch with them with the following contact nos. (+63 45) 6253947 or (+63 45) 6256186

Stayed April 2017, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Reviewed April 9, 2017 via mobile

We have booked 5 rooms.including the presedential suite for my sister in laws wedding. Rooms are ok buffet breakfast needs improvement not enough choices. Rooms have balcony if you wanted to.unwind before bedtime or early morning coffee perhaps. Beautiful grand staircase.

Stayed March 2017, traveled with family
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed March 13, 2017

While the rooms of the Grand Lewis are big and spacious, the AC is not performant enough for a really chilled room. The most annoying bit about this hotel is the pushy of the receptionists to get additional sales and their non flexible attitude. If you look around in the hotel, you notice that especially around the swimming pool area some repairs and refurbishments are necessary since a long time. Also the fitness is old and dated. Furthermore, for a 1 hour late checkout they already charge a hefty fine. Even I was a regular customer, they showed no flexibility for a late check out. When you get out of the swimming pool (which is big and looks lovely in a tropical garden), your feet surface are blue because of the soil's paint that comes off. The Manager of the breakfast buffet in the morning was accommodating and friendly (after my request to offer a bit more choice, yoghurt and cereals were added the next day). The most annoying for me was that I asked in my booking and during check in a quiet room as I urgently needed a good night's sleep. Reception confirmed it was the case. I woke up at 5:45 am in the morning as my room was facing a church where every Wednesday and Sunday the service is being held with loud singing and organ play. Avoid that side of the hotel!! Even I have been a regular customer in the past, I will not be coming back.

Stayed March 2017, traveled solo
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed February 27, 2017

We went here during the Hot Air Balloon Festival. We arrived at around 11am and I know that it was not yet the check-in time so we made plans to just go out after checking in. The front-desk lady though said that since our room was not yet available, she would just give us complimentary drinks of our choice! I was already happy by then but it was not all. We said that we were not able to secure a parking within the hotel vicinity because the place was packed. The lady offered to just move the car for us once a parking is available, and that they did! This does not end here. After returning the car keys to us after getting a hotel parking for our car, while drinking the complimentary fruit shake and beer for us, she told us that we got a free upgrade to Presidential Suite. I was ecstatic! lol The suite was HUGE. My only complain was there was no bidet. :P
I also have to mention what happened while I was waiting at the lobby when there was a foreign couple who thought they made reservations online but really didn't. The couple came from NAIA, it was already at night, and they found out that their reservation didn't push through when they thought it did. It was another front desk personnel. While the man was ranting, she stayed collected and friendly and offered a solution without sounding defensive. It didn't even last 10mins and the couple was on their way to a sister hotel.
The customer service of this hotel is amazing! Kudos to the people in front-desk. I am sorry I was not able to remember your names. Great job!

• Stayed February 2017, traveled with family
1 Thank La_Vie_D_Loca
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed February 14, 2017

This is a very good place to stay when you are in Clark. It is near the international airport. Staff is very accomodating and helpful. Special thanks to Ice Gones for helping us booked our golf round.

• Stayed February 2017, traveled as a couple