“Service Beyond the Common is found HERE.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lewis Grand Hotel

Lewis Grand Hotel
Ranked #32 of 69 Hotels in Angeles City
“Service Beyond the Common is found HERE.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel architecture, exterior and interior design were amazingly done. They remain in good condition since the hotel's 4-5 years of operations.

Arrived at about 9-10PM on April 9 2017.. The site guard and lobby valet seemed cheery and helpful. However the vehicle parking was very limited, but our group was able to find a slot to park in thankfully.

I used agoda to book a deluxe room on the same day and received quite a bit of a discount than the published rate, I was happy with this. But upon checking in, I was given news that there were no more rooms available of this sort.

The situation was quickly resolved and I mean quickly. For a Philippine hotel with Filipinos manning the front desk, this is the quickest thinking I've ever see done without the "uhhhhhh, sorry po" crap. And This is what made my stay actually the best ever:

The Hotel upgraded my room to an executive suite, no questions asked and only after a quick apology telling me that my room I booked was not available. And when I asked to have a "nice" room, the lady at the front desk, Krizza, actually said "sure let me check" NO QUESTIONS ASKED! WOW! I thought to myself.. And I could overhear her speak in Pampango and ask the operations team which room was nicer and she gave me a room with an amazing morning view of both the pool and the morning sun. Damn Krizza hooked it up! I was amazed with her service. How delightful!

It was an amazing 60+sq meter room. The executive suite in room 315 is definitely going to be the room I book in. Despite the carpet having cigarette burns, probably due to some nasty asian treating it like his toilet, the room was clean, the TV was nice (cable worked great) and so did the wifi. The hotel even features femtocells and so my local Globe LTE postpaid cell phone reception was amazing, I was able to update all my apps while I stayed here with no problem.

The hotel featured free welcome drinks and gave a warm welcome letter explaining that the hotel bar "Avenue" was open 24/7. So I went downstairs to get a welcome drink and found a bartender all by himself getting eaten alive by the mosquitoes by the pool. He was warm and friendly and I asked him what could I get for the stubs I received from the front desk and he just replied "local beer, sir".

So in the spirit of trying to see if the awesome easy going service was consistent, I asked him if I could have a cocktail instead and guess what he said? Yep. He said "sure!". HOLY SHIZZ BALLS PEOPLE, I never seen this kind of service anywhere in the Philippines. I've been here for 9 years and I get a lot of "uhhhhhhhhhh, sorry po" crap from other hotels, but not this one.

And so I woke up pretty late the next day around 10:50AM and was thinking OMG I'm going to miss breakfast buffet. I got there at 10:58 and they still had the buffet going. I was like "oh no!, I'm going to miss the egg station" But the waitstaff called the attention of the sous chef who attended to the egg station and asked me what I wanted! I was like damn, no where else in the Philippines do you get people who are so chill and kind enough to extend beyond the normal time. This being said, I felt like a bad customer at this point taking advantage of the whole system and I knew better not to pull this kind of crap anywhere else.. But here, I felt really at ease and knew that the staff here really cared about their guests.

I highly recommend that anyone should here if they're travelling through Angeles City..Avoid those cheapo places just to save a buck or two, coz this boutique hotel definitely deserves it's 5 stars based on the service. Trust me, I've been dazzled elsewhere in Vietnam, Manila, Bangkok Cebu and other places in South East Asia by paying stuffy corporate rates and getting more business bang for my corporate reimbursement buck, but this place, for sure is one where you have to check in to if you don't want the hassle and don't want to pay a pretty penny.

I love the service here. Any one else would too. Again special thanks to Krizza at the front desk who made this stay all worth it and for the gentleman at the bar who was manning it when everyone else was sleeping.

Room Tip: Room 315. For SURE. Don't eff up the carpet with your nasty cigarettes in the room guys.
  • Stayed April 2017, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We have booked 5 rooms.including the presedential suite for my sister in laws wedding. Rooms are ok buffet breakfast needs improvement not enough choices. Rooms have balcony if you wanted to.unwind before bedtime or early morning coffee perhaps. Beautiful grand staircase.

Stayed March 2017, traveled with family
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2017

While the rooms of the Grand Lewis are big and spacious, the AC is not performant enough for a really chilled room. The most annoying bit about this hotel is the pushy of the receptionists to get additional sales and their non flexible attitude. If you look around in the hotel, you notice that especially around the swimming pool area some repairs and refurbishments are necessary since a long time. Also the fitness is old and dated. Furthermore, for a 1 hour late checkout they already charge a hefty fine. Even I was a regular customer, they showed no flexibility for a late check out. When you get out of the swimming pool (which is big and looks lovely in a tropical garden), your feet surface are blue because of the soil's paint that comes off. The Manager of the breakfast buffet in the morning was accommodating and friendly (after my request to offer a bit more choice, yoghurt and cereals were added the next day). The most annoying for me was that I asked in my booking and during check in a quiet room as I urgently needed a good night's sleep. Reception confirmed it was the case. I woke up at 5:45 am in the morning as my room was facing a church where every Wednesday and Sunday the service is being held with loud singing and organ play. Avoid that side of the hotel!! Even I have been a regular customer in the past, I will not be coming back.

Stayed March 2017, traveled solo
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2017

We went here during the Hot Air Balloon Festival. We arrived at around 11am and I know that it was not yet the check-in time so we made plans to just go out after checking in. The front-desk lady though said that since our room was not yet available, she would just give us complimentary drinks of our choice! I was already happy by then but it was not all. We said that we were not able to secure a parking within the hotel vicinity because the place was packed. The lady offered to just move the car for us once a parking is available, and that they did! This does not end here. After returning the car keys to us after getting a hotel parking for our car, while drinking the complimentary fruit shake and beer for us, she told us that we got a free upgrade to Presidential Suite. I was ecstatic! lol The suite was HUGE. My only complain was there was no bidet. :P
I also have to mention what happened while I was waiting at the lobby when there was a foreign couple who thought they made reservations online but really didn't. The couple came from NAIA, it was already at night, and they found out that their reservation didn't push through when they thought it did. It was another front desk personnel. While the man was ranting, she stayed collected and friendly and offered a solution without sounding defensive. It didn't even last 10mins and the couple was on their way to a sister hotel.
The customer service of this hotel is amazing! Kudos to the people in front-desk. I am sorry I was not able to remember your names. Great job!

• Stayed February 2017, traveled with family
1 Thank La_Vie_D_Loca
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2017

This is a very good place to stay when you are in Clark. It is near the international airport. Staff is very accomodating and helpful. Special thanks to Ice Gones for helping us booked our golf round.

• Stayed February 2017, traveled as a couple