Lewis Grand Hotel
US$74
Widus Hotel and Casino(Clark Freeport Zone)
US$102
US$65
US$56
US$52
Agoda.com
Red Planet Angeles City(Angeles City)(Great Value!)
US$31
US$25
US$36
US$34
Green Canyon Eco Art Resort(Clark Freeport Zone)
US$109
Orbitz.com
Apollonia Royale Hotel(Angeles City)(Great Value!)
US$37
US$21
Clarkton Hotel(Angeles City)
US$36
US$35
Agoda.com
All reviewsavenue restaurantdouble occupancysm mallinstant coffeerooms are spaciousfree shuttlepresidential suiteroom service ishotel of choicetaxi servicewalking streetjacuzzi roomnight lifenon smokingother hotels in the areadvd playerflat screen tv
Reviewed November 1, 2016 via mobile

I like the hotel because its cozy and elegant. The stairs is beautifully designed and the ceilings. It was quiet and relaxing especially at the pool area on the tent. Meals are also served there at the tent as per request. My son swim and he loves it though color blue is visible on his knees and elbows when he got out of the water. Think needs management to check on the tiles. Food is good quite expensive but they have a lot to choose from. Overall, love staying in this hotel.

Stayed: November 2016, traveled with family
lewisgrandhotel1, General Manager at Lewis Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2016

Thank you very much for choosing Lewis Grand Hotel!

We sincerely appreciate your gracious comments that you have shared on TripAdvisor.

It gives us great pleasure to note that we were able to provide you with a service that exceeded your expectations. Your compliment on our facilities particularly the stairs and ceilings has been shared with the entire team. We apologize for the few concerns about the pool. We promise to look into that so we can better improve our facilites and service.

Thank you for the constructive comments and we really hope you give us another opportunity to serve you once again.

Thank you and all the best!

LGH Management

Reviewed October 30, 2016

Actually, i would rate this hotel as 4-5 stars. The room and bed was spacious and comfy. Although we were given a smoking room, there were no traces of smoke clinging to furniture or curtains.

The water pressure was good, airconditioning was working and despite the hotel being busy, it was relatively quiet in our room.

The front desk staff was accommodating and friendly as with room service.

My rating for this property was a three for the following reason - parking!
1. Parking was limited and securing a space was a big mess and stressful.
2. Attendants at door had an attitude problem because they didn't care where and how you parked if there was none available at the hotel promises. "Don't know, don't care, you're on your own" attitude

My 2 cents suggestions

1. Parking - attendants should be more accommodating and make parking space available and/or a priority for in house guests. Either that or provide valet service to remove the stress out of finding a safe and secure parking space rather than leaving your guest scrambling around for a space. You come here for some r and r and end up wasting time looking for a parking space.

2. Check first which shower configuration your room would have. Some rooms have a deep bath tub which is not suitable for the elderly or infirm . Kids should be supervised to avoid accidents.

Room Tip: High floors are smoking rooms
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family
lewisgrandhotel1, General Manager at Lewis Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2016

Thank you for your positive feedback about our hotel. We do take pride in catering to our guests' needs the best way we can. We very much appreciate that you have chosen Lewis Grand Hotel as part of your itinerary. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Lewis Grand Hotel.

Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problems received from our staff particularly our doorman and prevent occurrence. We are now ongoing with our renovations and upgrades to enhance our facilities like parking and bath tubs that will cater to all guests of all ages.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant and enjoyable as the previous one.

Take care and all the best!

Reviewed October 27, 2016

I booked a corner room. On arrival it became unavailable. I was 'upgraded' to a lesser room that was slightly bigger. Room was ok. Shower fittings were knocked up by a local. (see photo) Complimentary parking was in the muddy spare lot next to the hotel. Front desk staff were helpful and smiling. Looking forward to a delicious hotel breakfast buffet? ...then look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Order a room without complimentary breakfast- eat out.
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2016 via mobile

I've been staying here for a few days now with friends and have no complaints at all. The people working are so nice and do not let on their possible annoyance with my party's somewhat loud behavior :) My room is very clean (and the rest of the hotel is clean too) with a great views of the pool and partial view of the stage. How nice it was to be able to open my balcony door and hear live music playing while getting ready for the evening's activities. I flew into MNL and their taxi service picked me up! Almost a two hour drive, at 130am. After a schedule mistake on my party's part that took him to the airport one day to soon. The taxi is always available for us and I feel very safe. I feel very thankful to these ladies and gentlemen working here! Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank swtleeph412
lewisgrandhotel1, General Manager at Lewis Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2016

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Lewis Grand Hotel.

Take care and all the best!

Reviewed October 9, 2016

This was my third visit to the Lewis Grand Hotel. This place means a lot to me as it was where I proposed to my lovely wife Mylene (In a lovely private tent in the garden with rose petals strewn about). Previous trips (April and June 2015) were great and very good, but this stay was nothing short of horrible. Only some nice gestures on the hotel's part kept this at a Poor rating instead of worse.
Lobby and Overall Feel- This is a good looking hotel in an area where there aren't many. The lobby is beautiful, the garden's around the pool are lovely.
Service- I had requested to have two dozen roses in the room when we arrived as a nice surprise for my wife. The hotel never responded to the request, nor initially to the fact that it was our honeymoon.
Rooms- The rooms are large and well laid out. Bed was comfy, furnishings were good, toiletries good. Here's where it went to hell though because the maintenance on our room was ghastly. When we checked in in the early evening it was hot and humid upon entering. Nothing to strange there, but it just didn't get much better over the next hour which led to our first call to the Front Desk. They responded quickly, but after 40 minute in our room the maintenance guy was able to get the output up a bit, but he told us to close the door to the bathroom the bathroom because the unit wouldn't cope. There were no wash cloths in the bathroom which was strange.
In the morning I spent ten minutes fiddling with the shower trying to get hot water. Nothing but cold water.
Second call to the Front desk- Again someone was there quickly. He couldn't figure it out either for ten minutes until he tried turning the tub and shower water on together (Separate controls). Somehow it worked, wasted a lot of water, but it worked.
Then in the afternoon half of the room's power went out. Third call to the front desk. This time again with quick response I had three maintenance guys trying to work on it (Well one working and two mostly observing). After an hour with no luck, I had to go down to the front desk and threaten to leave for another hotel. To their credit they got us into a different room within another 45 minutes. But it was a pain to have to pack up (We were staying for seven days and had unpacked our stuff accordingly).
I was meeting a new employee on the third morning and had arranged to pay for a meeting room for us to use. Due to our previous troubles they agreed to discount the meeting room 20% from list. I asked two things of the front desk- Please make sure it is air conditioned, and please bring some coffee for the two of us. When I checked on the room 45 minutes ahead of the meeting was it air conditioned? Nope the A/C wasn't on at all. It never did get cool, but it was habitable about 40 minutes into our four hour meeting. For coffee they wheeled in a 30 cup dispenser of hot water along with packets of instant coffee and fifteen cups, not quite what you would expect from a nice hotel.
After dinner that night we returned to our room and they had prepared two swans out of towels with a white rose (see photo)
The restaurant food is pretty mediocre, but the breakfast buffet was ok.
There was a major group filming for four of the days we were there. They were pretty quiet overall, but the 4th floor hallway was a mass of cables and equipment we had to traverse to get to our room (see photo). The other downside is that the film crew gobbled up all the hotel parking so we had to move heavy bollards and ask the security guard to save us a space each night.
One comment about some previous postings- Angeles City has quite an extensive red light district "The Walking Street" about a mile away. While undoubtedly some of the guests are here for action of that sort, in three visits over twelve nights total we never experienced obvious prostitutes hanging around, nor did it ever feel seedy. there are lots of hotels that specialize in that market, but this isn't one of them.
In summary the hotel could be great again (I gave it 5 stars, seventeen months ago), but the generally well meaning staff needs some serious training to match the ambiance, and the maintenance really needs to be addressed.

Room Tip: If you need quiet ask to be at the back facing away from the pool. If you want a nice view the pool and garden is very nice
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Paul R

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Lewis Grand Hotel. I am sorry that we did not meet all your expectations; please allow me to express my apologies with all sincerity. We strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problems received from our staff and prevent occurrence. We are now ongoing with our renovations and upgrades to enhance our facilities and services.

I hope that I can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our hotel. It would be such a pleasure to welcome you back to Lewis Grand Hotel!

Thank you and all the best!