“Not so Grand Lewis Hotel”
Review of Lewis Grand Hotel

Lewis Grand Hotel
Ranked #37 of 70 Hotels in Angeles City
Reviewed November 2, 2016

Lewis Grand Hotel stands for its name, the grand entrance, grand stairs and high ceiling and big rooms. But its all at the outset. Their towels in particular their hand towel are worn out though the towels are new. The sofa is also not as good as new as well as the sofa in the lobby. The sofas in the bedroom are dated. Their food, I cant say anything to that food because it taste like straight in the can, nothing outstanding about the food. Better eat outside. Jollibee is much better than their food. I did not waste my money on their breakfast buffet since only a few eat their breakfast at their restaurant and its pricey too. We were given a smoking room since they cannot grant my request as all non-smoking rooms are reserved and booked already. They granted as early check in after the staff at the reception had me in a hurry to pay. Imagine I am still writing on the info sheet and while doing that she is already presenting me the bill, yet we havent properly check in. Their doormen are the most unhelpful among their league. They dont assist guest unless the guests. But I give salute to the parking assistant, I wasnt able to got his name, and the Ahmed who manned the bar who agreed to our request of non-alcoholic drinks instead of cocktails as welcome drinks. I have seniors and kids with me. Overall, it meets my expectations but the hotel is pricey considering their dated handtowels and sofas. I saw a lot of client so I cant say they have no guests but how come its looks like they dont have money to upgrade. Their aircon are noisy too.

Room Tip: Quite rooms on the south but without views. Rooms beside the pool is better I think though a little...
  • Stayed: November 2016, traveled with family
lewisgrandhotel1, General Manager at Lewis Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2016

Please accept our sincere apologies for your disappointment at your recent stay at our Hotel.

We are extremely concerned to read your comments with regard to your overall experience at the hotel. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problems received from our staff and prevent occurrence. We are now ongoing with our renovations and upgrades to enhance our facilities and services.

We hope you will allow us to get in touch with you so we can personally explain and apologize as we want to gain your trust and confidence again.

We do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and disappointment caused and it would be such a pleasure to welcome you back to Lewis Grand Hotel!

Thank you and all the best!

LGH Management

Reviewed November 1, 2016 via mobile

I like the hotel because its cozy and elegant. The stairs is beautifully designed and the ceilings. It was quiet and relaxing especially at the pool area on the tent. Meals are also served there at the tent as per request. My son swim and he loves it though color blue is visible on his knees and elbows when he got out of the water. Think needs management to check on the tiles. Food is good quite expensive but they have a lot to choose from. Overall, love staying in this hotel.

Stayed: November 2016, traveled with family

Thank you very much for choosing Lewis Grand Hotel!

We sincerely appreciate your gracious comments that you have shared on TripAdvisor.

It gives us great pleasure to note that we were able to provide you with a service that exceeded your expectations. Your compliment on our facilities particularly the stairs and ceilings has been shared with the entire team. We apologize for the few concerns about the pool. We promise to look into that so we can better improve our facilites and service.

Thank you for the constructive comments and we really hope you give us another opportunity to serve you once again.

Thank you and all the best!

LGH Management

Reviewed October 30, 2016

Actually, i would rate this hotel as 4-5 stars. The room and bed was spacious and comfy. Although we were given a smoking room, there were no traces of smoke clinging to furniture or curtains.

The water pressure was good, airconditioning was working and despite the hotel being busy, it was relatively quiet in our room.

The front desk staff was accommodating and friendly as with room service.

My rating for this property was a three for the following reason - parking!
1. Parking was limited and securing a space was a big mess and stressful.
2. Attendants at door had an attitude problem because they didn't care where and how you parked if there was none available at the hotel promises. "Don't know, don't care, you're on your own" attitude

My 2 cents suggestions

1. Parking - attendants should be more accommodating and make parking space available and/or a priority for in house guests. Either that or provide valet service to remove the stress out of finding a safe and secure parking space rather than leaving your guest scrambling around for a space. You come here for some r and r and end up wasting time looking for a parking space.

2. Check first which shower configuration your room would have. Some rooms have a deep bath tub which is not suitable for the elderly or infirm . Kids should be supervised to avoid accidents.

Room Tip: High floors are smoking rooms
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family
lewisgrandhotel1, General Manager at Lewis Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2016

Thank you for your positive feedback about our hotel. We do take pride in catering to our guests' needs the best way we can. We very much appreciate that you have chosen Lewis Grand Hotel as part of your itinerary. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Lewis Grand Hotel.

Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problems received from our staff particularly our doorman and prevent occurrence. We are now ongoing with our renovations and upgrades to enhance our facilities like parking and bath tubs that will cater to all guests of all ages.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant and enjoyable as the previous one.

Take care and all the best!

Reviewed October 27, 2016

I booked a corner room. On arrival it became unavailable. I was 'upgraded' to a lesser room that was slightly bigger. Room was ok. Shower fittings were knocked up by a local. (see photo) Complimentary parking was in the muddy spare lot next to the hotel. Front desk staff were helpful and smiling. Looking forward to a delicious hotel breakfast buffet? ...then look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Order a room without complimentary breakfast- eat out.
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2016 via mobile

I've been staying here for a few days now with friends and have no complaints at all. The people working are so nice and do not let on their possible annoyance with my party's somewhat loud behavior :) My room is very clean (and the rest of the hotel is clean too) with a great views of the pool and partial view of the stage. How nice it was to be able to open my balcony door and hear live music playing while getting ready for the evening's activities. I flew into MNL and their taxi service picked me up! Almost a two hour drive, at 130am. After a schedule mistake on my party's part that took him to the airport one day to soon. The taxi is always available for us and I feel very safe. I feel very thankful to these ladies and gentlemen working here! Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank swtleeph412
lewisgrandhotel1, General Manager at Lewis Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2016

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Lewis Grand Hotel.

Take care and all the best!