“Fruit Heaven ”

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Must visit place and if you are like me, a fruit monster, this is heaven!!! Must go, just the variety and colors are already a pretty sight for any photographer. You can ask for samples before you buy. You can also tell them when you plan to eat them and the stall holder will select the different degree of ripeness. Compare the prices but they are about the same from stall to stall within a small range.

All reviews
"indonesia"
in 3 reviews
"purchase"

Reviewed 16 October 2017

This is really a market, selling plenty of fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, plants, souvenirs, rabbits, puppies, clothes, etc.. I bought 1kg of very fresh baby carrots with tops for my 2 dear fury kids at home, they loved it so much. Tried looking for souvenirs but sad to say, most stuffs were quite old and dusty. Saw 2 stalls selling baby rabbits, they were all so cute, and allowed to be touched. Puppies however were caged and were sleepy when we were there. Quite a few horses at the market for riding but we didn't try, you couldn't walk very far too. We bought some local oranges too, 1kg for ~$2.50, very juicy, most stalls selling the same price.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

The local market is full of tropical fruits and beautiful flowers. Never seen in my life so many assorted local fruits. We buy some local boiled corns which are sweet and tasty. Must try!

2  Thank yfylou
Reviewed 2 September 2017

Very good place to find fresh veggies and fruits.
We're not sure if the clothes are of good quality but if you could haggle, why not.

The things I don't like so much:
- the pets sellers aren't that knowledgable it seems about these pets (bunnies, guinea pigs, dwarf snd syrian hamsters, puppies) care. Cause:
*) I had a Robo hamster and I saw a family buying 2 dwarf hamsters put in a very small cage 20x20 cm only and only a wheel as toy! For mine which lived singly for 2 years and 9 months (in average 2 yrs), I had a 2-floor cage with dimension 50x30 cm and lots of toys

*) other animals are also crammed in small cages. I just hope they're let roaming free when the sellers take them back by the end of the day

- I saw a horse so skinny as I can see its ribs through its skin And this horse is pulling a cart! It's true not all horses there are skinny but I doubt if they're really taken care of that well...

PS so to animal lovers and fellow travellers who happen to see the above or even worse, please don't be afraid to speak up