“Great course - Great Team”
Review of Apnea Bali

Apnea Bali
More attraction details
Owner description: Apnea Bali is the only freediving school in Tulamben, Bali. We offer Apnea Total, AIDA and PADI courses, as well as competition coaching and depth training. Our main goal is not to give you a certification card, but rather to adapt and tailor our sessions according to each student's actual needs and progress. By combining our high standard of courses, extensive teaching experience and personalised approach, we will make you the best freediver you can be. All our courses includes a fun diving at the USAT Liberty Wreck :) Join us in this amazing experience!
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Husband and 14 year old daughter both did the Level 1 freediver course and then husband did the advanced freediver course aswell. Daughter was the youngest person to ever do their course and she loved it. The team were fantastic with her and made sure she felt safe the whole time. The classroom training was really thorough and made them both feel really prepared for the water sessions. Safety was the team priority the whole time. Daughter dived to the maximum depth she was allowed to of 15 metres and husband made it to 33 metres. Their instructor Agus was amazing, making every dive with them. (he must have the lungs of a whale) They both loved getting to dive the wreck at the end of the course, even inviting our daughter back to have a second wreck dive with them. We highly recommend Apnea Bali and the team. My husband has been a free diver for years but he came away from this course with a whole new understanding of techniques and how to get more out of his diving.

All reviews
"freediving school"
in 8 reviews
"free diving"
in 12 reviews
"safe environment"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this school"
"big smile"
"bali"
in 30 reviews
"agus"

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

The team and the facilities were great, I felt at home at the centre and for the price the accommodation next door is lovely. I went for the Apnea Total certification and felt it was perfect for a beginner like me. All aspects of the freediving in the water was adjusted by my instructor (Emma) and she made me feel at ease at all times.

To top it all off the fun dive at the end was incredibly beautiful and rewarding. The stresses of the lessons, which you put on Yourself drift away and you can enjoy using the new skills to explore the ship wreck and sea life.

Reviewed 2 July 2018

Freediving is one of those activities that can be full of phobias. Phobias of drowning and never to beseen again, but the great instructors at Apnea Bali put all those fears to rest.

I took the Level 1 Freediving course (which is suitable for those new to the sport). It consisted of two days of classroom and water training, followed by an rescue dive test to make sure the student can rescue another diver in distress.

The classroom training, while extensive were taught in a very hands on way. There were person to person demonstrations of the techniques with feedback to each student.

The water training was even more attentive, with a student to instructor ratio of 3-5 ( we had three instructors to every five students). Every dive was made under the watchful eye of two instructors, ready to haul you up if needed.

I would recommend this class to anyone who wants to try something radically different and push the limits of your body.

My one piece of advice is that you should be comfortable in deep water before taking this class. The instructors do a great job calming your fears, but you would get a lot more from the class if you are not fearful of the ocean, as the water training if where I put most of my classroom training to practice.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Sweet chasing dream from childhood, why did I have to bury you?

If you grew up in France and are from the 80’s, then, you belong like me to what we call the “Big Blue” generation.

I personally keep reading everything I can possibly read on Jacques Mayol and Guillaume Néry since I am a child, and yes I always knew I must try freediving at least one time in my life!

I have been fortunate to enroll at the best Freediving School I could ever hope for, in Bali, to meet Eli and her incredibly talented team. I also met students from all horizons (Mathilde), some more advanced like yesterday (Alex), and two a m a z i n g instructors who were my guardian angels for the past two days (Agus and Claudia). I will always remember what Claudia told me (when I had been struggling with not letting my vagal nerve distracting me) with a big big smile: “It is ok, you are a d o l p h i n, you just don’t know it yet!”
Thank you my friends for making my kid’s dream come true, into the Big Blue, and in a very safe environment. I loved every second of it, recording every bit in my soul! Thank you for your teachings, I am now so much looking forward to make one again with the ocean - with a perfect team like you and in a safe environment!

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 June 2018

i do scuba diving since 2007 and i know that i loved underwater things. but there is one thing that really makes me curious was why if i snorkeling, i can't go dive (cannot sink) into the sea for seeing or taking pictures underwater. when i deciding taking free dive course at apnea this month, i am so exciting, and we learn a lot of new things, like breathing technique , rescue, how to dive with right position, and the class was so fun, there is 4 of us (me, ricko, joyce and rudy) with 2 instructors , Dapot and Agus . they are so patient and always give us motivation to do better and better. it was so much fun, and i will go for fun dive for sure again at tulamben.