All reviews yoga instructor surf lessons home away from home every morning bali villa
Reviewed 17 October 2017

The retreat was absolutely amazing and magical. The Villa is so beautiful, you could just hang there all day, but just around the corner there is so much discover, too, as beautiful shops, heaps of good restaurants of all kinds, massage places and of course the beach are just walking distance.
Everyone in the MBS Team is super nice and good at what they are doing, may it be teaching Yoga and Surfing, cooking, cleaning, taking picures or just being there for all kinds of advice :-)
Thank you all for a beautiful time!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Nothing but great things to say about my time in Bali with MBS Surf Bali - it will be a memorable trip!

This started out as a solo trip, with my sister later on deciding to join as well. We had so much fun!

The location of the villa was great - close to the beach, many shops, restaurants, cafes and lounges. Everything was spotlessly clean and comfortable, including the outside facilities such as the pool and dining area. So peacefully relaxing after a day of surfing! I thoroughly enjoyed the breakfasts prepared each morning for us, they were filling and delicious. We also enjoyed two Balinese-inspired dinners on two evenings in the villa with Sarah and Jana, they were also delicious! Basically all the food in Bali is amazing.

I was very happy to see that the schedule included surfing each day, perfectly spaced by yoga classes with Kirsten to attend to sore spots and free afternoons everyday. Deduck was awesome as a coach, so much so that I set up another two lessons in my travels after the retreat :) I loved that Jana came with us each day to capture our surfing on camera and then reviewed all the pictures the following morning at breakfast. Such a great idea. Sarah would kindly help us figure out where to visit and sightsee in our free time, also arranging our drivers.

Overall this was an amazing adventure in Bali and so happy I found MBS for this experience. The whole team was amazing and kind and left such a great impression on everything Bali-related! I will hopefully be back in the near future and would highly recommend a retreat with MBS any day!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
Gede A, Owner at Mind Body Soul Surf Bali Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Hi Kristi,

Thank you so much for this thoughtful review. We loved having you and your sister stay with us this past September. It was amazing to see your quick progress with the surfing. So happy you love this sport, you are a natural!

We take great care in creating a retreat perfectly balanced between activity and free time. Our itineraries have a harmonious balance of fun and adventure coupled with rest and reflexion.

I really enjoyed our conversations and thank you again for supporting MBS. We wish you all the best for your upcoming wedding and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Lots of love,
Sarah and MBS Team x

Reviewed 8 October 2017

I decided to join my sister on an unforgettable surf adventure in Bali and because of MBS I am so glad I did! Sarah, Dudek, Jana and the whole team were amazing from the time we arrived until we left. The villa was a beautiful, spotlessly clean little escape which made it easy to unwind and relax after a day in the sun and waves.The surf instruction was the best I've received as Dudek was encouraging, positive and a blast in the water. Sarah was kind enough to arrange drivers for our day trips, transfers from hotels and airport as well as helping us plan our week. Jana accompanied us for breakfast each morning and on all of our surfing adventures and was kind enough to capture our surfing adventures on camera each day. The villa is located in a great location with many lounges, restaurants, shops, the beach, and entertainment right at our doorstep. I also loved that MBS is run by locals and you will not only learn how to surf, but with MBS you also get the opportunity to experience true Balinese cuisine as well as have the opportunity to learn about the culture.I can't forget to mention that the yoga was great, straightforward and I loved the scientific twist rather than spiritual that our instructor offered.I wish I could remember her name as she was such a lovely and informative lady! We had such a great time that we are already planning on returning next year. Thanks to the whole team for an unbelievable week in paradise :)

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank carly k

Hi Carly,

So happy you had an unbelievable week in paradise with us.

Thanks so much for writing this review. We loved having you and your sister stay with us. It means a lot to us that you value that our retreat is run by Deduk and myself, this is what makes MBS stand out and such a special experience. Thank you for embracing all that Bali has to offer. I am very happy you gave surfing a chance and mastered the beginners class with such ease and grace. All the best to you and see you next year.

Lots of love,

Reviewed 8 May 2017

Thank you Sarah and Deduk for the unbelievably fun and memorable trip where we were mentally and physically challenged daily (in the best possible way) and met the coolest girls to hangout with from all over the world. Sarah your attention to detail and warmth is amazing. Deduk your patience and humor in teaching me how to surf will always be remembered - I felt 100 percent safe and had so much fun every day.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi Tian,

Thank you so much for this heartfelt review. We are so happy you and Jessica found your way to MBS and shared your time with us surfing, practicing yoga in the garden and having a lot of moments of laughter amongst the girls. It was truly a special week. Deduk is the most patient and funny person I know, making the surf experience so much fun and comfortable. We hope you still find some time in your busy schedule to keep on surfing in California and hopefully we will see you back on the waves in Bali!

Sending you lots of sunny Bali vibes your way,
xx

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Words can't describe how much I loved my time with these people and this place. I am learning to surf and within 5 days was up tackling real waves on a shorter board. the instructors were fun, smiling, not aggressive but pushed us to get after it even when we didn't think we could. I always felt safe and comfortable. The villa was quiet and lovely and so comfy. The food was amazing! I went with a friend and met three other phenomenal, fun, professional women. Honestly can't wait to go back!

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends

Hi Jessica,

Thanks so much for your review. We loved having you and Tian stay with us in April. It was such an amazing retreat with perfect weather, waves and great company. A highlight of course was celebrating your birthday! We are still in touch with some of the women in your group and hope you all come back for a reunion in the near future. We can't wait to see your surf photos from California.

All the best,