“Gooood food”

Cuisines: African
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When we visit Prince Albert, we eat at Karoo Kombuis. The food is excellent, the service friendly and entertaining. We always have a good time here.

Reviewed March 20, 2018

Well if you arent a people person this place isnt for you. The owner Denise is a larger than life person and with her 'what you see is what you get'. A limited menu guarantees the best of homemade cooking. One small thing it is BYOB, not a problem to solve in SA !!!

Reviewed March 3, 2018

Let me just add to all the positive comments. We ate dinner here based on the recommendation of the guest house we stayed at. It was so good. Real local food that had been prepared with time and care. I tried the Malva pudding, it was yummy!

Reviewed February 20, 2018 via mobile

You have to eat here - it was a wonderful, friendly experience and the food was first class.
It feels like eating in someone's house (maybe it is!) with new friends.
The menu is limited to about 3 choices for each course, but the food was wonderful.
No alcohol sold so bring your own, and cash only.
Loved it!

Reviewed February 8, 2018

I love it here, so unusual and quirky and the food is very yummy. You do need to book and check before your visit as they do not open if not enough diners. There is a choice of 3 main courses and you can have any combination of the 3... although I must recommend the chicken pie which is amazing. Thank you Denise and I will return sometime I hope!