All reviews the cottages self catering cape town host mark three bedroom children aged koi pond swimming pool all mod cons perfect place stunning views camps bay la colombe five nights family holiday beautiful garden perfect base
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 August 2015

We loved our stay at the Tarragon. It is a beautiful property with gardens overlooking the hills of Hout Bay. It is a great base in a relaxing location for exploring the Cape if you are self driving. Our room, Jasmine, was large and very comfortable, next to Koi ponds where we could feed the fish. The owner, Mark, was very friendly and made us feel at home as well as giving us some fabulous suggestions for nearby restaurants, wineries and sightseeing.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank davidhX9093JK
Reviewed 4 August 2015

I booked for two nights at Saffron for a business trip. Aside from the location - which is glorious, the owners and staff were wonderful! I will definitely book again next time I am in South Africa!!!

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank sam G
Reviewed 30 June 2015

The Tarragon is a beautiful retreat nestled within the trees on the edge of Table Mountain. There are 5 villa's to choose from, all well furnished. We booked Jasmine and Ivy, for two families in March this year. Mark, the owner is a great host who makes you feel right at home. There is good security around the beautiful gardens so you feel very safe at all times. The local cleaners come in each day and are really pleasant and helpful. Will we go back again? Oh yes in a heartbeat. I have no hesitations in recommending The Tarragon.

Date of stay: March 2015
6  Thank Ivan G
Reviewed 19 May 2015

I stayed at the Tarragon with my husband and two kids in April of this year. The bungalows are top notch. They are stylish and very comfortable. You are well looked after by the staff (they will do washing for you and it's not expensive). The view from the terraces and pool is stunning both by day and night. We did so much in the five days we spent there and as mentioned many times before The Tarragon is very well placed for all the main Cape Town attractions. In fact, probably better placed than if you were staying in central CT (e.g. for K Gardens, Chapman's Peak, driving to Cape Point, wine tasting in Constantia). There are some great restaurants nearby too (we loved Kitima, the Thai nearby). If you don't want to drive in the evening it is very easy to sort out a taxi. Highly recommended.

Room tip: The Ivy has two huge double bedrooms and a great kitchen and lounge area. Very suitable for a family of 4.
Date of stay: April 2015
6  Thank JaneBrighton
Reviewed 12 May 2015

My family and I had one of the greatest holidays in South Africa staying at this wonderful location stunning views into the bay,tranquil setting great hosts nothing was to much trouble even when my son in law left the lights on the car and we had a flat battery Mark sorted us out within the hour ,staff were brilliant my two grandchildren aged 7 and 5 spent endless hours in the lovely pool ..whilst grandparents and parents enjoyed the peaceful terrace cooking a braai ....

Room tip: All our good
Date of stay: January 2015