8 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$374
FindHotelUS$374
eDreamsUS$229
Hotels.comUS$249
TravelocityUS$249
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 October 2019

Had a wonderful stay in wildwood for a 1st time. Riviera staff was very efficient and friendly. It was clean and convenient to the beach and resturants. Even the street outside our balcony was kept extremely clean. Pool was a decent size and the maintenance man was friendly and seemed to stay busy doing many things to enhance our stay. Very reasonable price.

Room tip: Not sure what this it-but yes I left a nice tip.
Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank rbennett2151
Welcome2Wildwood, General Manager at Riviera Resort & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2019

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. We are a small operation and positive reviews are appreciated by all the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Steve

Reviewed 17 October 2019

My wife & I stayed in Room 184 on Saturday night, 10/12. One of the the additional features of this room are a steam shower which, according to the instructions, will generate steam about 4 minutes after pushing the on button. We tried our darndest throughout our stay, but there was no steam to be found. We brought this up to John, the on-site manager, and he said he was sorry, but offered no solution other than to note that it was very late in the season. When the subject of a possible refund to some amount came up, he was quick to point out the the rate was very low as it is and any refund would only be $8 - $9. I countered that although the rate may be lower than other times of the year, it was still the full price for this time of the year and that I didn't get full features. Since he was reluctant to take any action, I told to speak with the owner the next time he sees him to see what they think the correct course of action should be taken and left the office.
Additionally, the wi-fi, another advertised feature of the resort, was non-functional for all intents and purposes. After several tries I was able to get to Google.com on my Kindle but, when I searched for a place to eat, the connection timed-out before any results came back despite multiple attempts. And this is when there was only 6 other guests in the whole place!
Although the room was tidy & clean, I must point out that you may not get all the features you will pay for.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 2 October 2019

RIvieria is my go to hotel in Wildwood. This September I went for a week the beginning of September, and back again the end of September. The first time with two other couples, the second time just me and my husband (19 nights total- with our guests). This is the only hotel I tend to go to in Wildwood. As always the pool was a good temperature in the beginning of September. The second trip was a bit colder as the heat didn’t get turned on early in the morning to allow it time to warm up but the air is also colder at night so takes a bit to warm up. The staff that maintains the grounds is so hard working and always has a friendly hello as he walks by. The only thing I was a little disappointed in was not being offered an upgrade, considering I book here quite often and 9 out of 10 times bring additional guests who book rooms. So as far as customer appreciation or being offered an upgrade was just not there. But I will go back as the location is spot on for walking up to the boardwalk and walking to restaurants. Be fair warned that you do have to give $20 cash deposit for keys and it is returned when you check out, but office does not open until 9:00am so if you want to check out earlier and get on the road you should let the manager know in advance.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank ladydoanda
Reviewed 17 September 2019

Check in was easy. Staff was on top of everything needed.Rooms clean and well kept for a older motel . Nice pool area. There was always parking available .Was there during Firemen Convention but was quiet. Great location near boardwalk and restaurants. All within walking distance.

Room tip: Entire complex excellent.
Date of stay: September 2019
Welcome2Wildwood, General Manager at Riviera Resort & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2019

Thanks for choosing to stay at the Riviera Resort and Suites during the firemen’s convention weekend. We’re half to hear you had a pleasant stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Steve

Reviewed 4 September 2019

Okay to call this place a "Resort" is really an overstatement. It has all the basic cleanliness and comfort you would expect out of the average priced shore motel. Don't get me wrong' the location is wonderfully close to all the action but never felt chaotic; at times there was that relaxing quite feel that you would expect from a resort hotel. But truthfully, this place was far from resort-level splendor.

We chose a room with two Queen sized beds for out family of three kids and one adult. Room decor seemed very dated and worn, room AC was loud even on the lowest setting. We had a third floor room so accessibility if that is an issue for you would have made it impossible, as there were no elevators or ramps to be seen. If you get a room on this flor, park close ... if you can. Parking is at a premium as they share property with another hotel on premises.

Housekeeping staff appeared to be only one person for the entire motel. The second day we came back to our room between 3-4 pm and they still had yet to service our room. Even when she did, she forgot to service the in-room coffee supplies (twice) and while that is a small detail, that was just the feel of the places ambiance and attitude, just cover the bases and don't sweat the details. If this small detail was overlooked, I had to wonder what else may have been overlooked.

The in-room safe did not work and apparently no one cared that it did. again just another example of a lack of care for the small things.

Compared to where we stayed last year it was a step down. While location is the best selling point, don't expect much more for your room. It's serviceable and otherwise a good place to stay. It's up to you to decide whether that is good enough. For us it probably won't be for next year. Though if you do decide, call the hotel directly to book rather than using an online travel site. You will get a much better deal.

Room tip: No elevators only narrow steep stairway to third and second floor rooms.
Date of stay: August 2019