Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 February 2020

Stayed here for the Polar Bear plunge, as it was the choice hotel. I wasn't expecting extravagance but it was more than expected! Check in was a breeze and the staff was friendly and offered suggestions on where to go eat as they were preparing for a fundraiser that started at 7 and it was already 4 and we were starving! We were in the motel section, as the main building was booked. The rooms were clean, I checked the beds/furniture for critters (first thing I do wherever I stay!!) all was clear, there was a pullout in the entry room along with TV and kitchenette, the bathroom was clean, not sparkling but the norm for a beach place and the beds were in the back room along with another TV, which is great for those who don't want to watch the same thing!
The beds had more than enough comfortable pillows and the mattresses must be new because they were one of the best ones I've slept in at a place like this. I've had several spinal fusion and a good mattress is a MUST!
My only complaint about the rooms? Outlets!! There were two of us and 4 things that needed to be charged and it was a pain. One is behind the bedframe and has the lamp plugged in it, one behind a big heavy dresser, onein the kitchen and another hi
dden behind another large piece of furniture. If you plan on having the kids watch the iPad or phone for their shows it's tough because it won't reach anywhere. I know that's the way it was built but it was really the only thing I didn't like.
We checked out the indoor gym, pool, hot tubs, and tanning booth(yes, they have one!) And it was super clean and the woman who worked up there was helpful and friendly and was also cleaning up even though nobody was up there, they do good with upkeep even when nobody is watching... If you're not in the main building you'll have to walk outside and then back in to get to that area, it's a bit chilly but they do have a changing area and the view is of the ferris wheel and ocean, it's really pretty.
The bar/ restaurant service, considering they were packed 3 deep was quick, they had a band that played all night and was very entertaining.
Breakfast in the morning is a must have!! We had their banana Foster french toast, and a super breakfast that consisted of a little of everything along with juice and coffee and it was under 20 with tip.
Overall it's a nice place, the boardwalk is right there as is everything else you would need, in the summer I think I'd rather stay in the main building because I can definitely see that between the outdoor pool and tiki bar the motel side would be a little loud, especially for those who like to sleep in a little.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 30 January 2020

Great staff and a wonderful restaurant onsite. It was pretty cold when my wife and I stayed here, and although we had planned to explore other restaurants, when we (along with two friends who also stayed here) ate at their restaurant the first night, we were HOOKED. All the dishes were really good. And, the salad was amazing. You don't expect such a fresh salad with a nice variety of veggies in the middle of winter...but they did it, and they did it well.

We stayed in the outside area, and our friends stayed in the main building. They definitely had the more updated accommodations, but we were happy with our first floor room.

I like that they have a flat screen in the living area and in the bedroom. The "kitchen" area is small, but we used it.

My complaints? 1) Not enough outlets (thankfully I bring a Belkin USB double charger also extending a single outlet to a triple outlet, otherwise, with all of the devices we needed to charge, it would have been IMPOSSIBLE). and 2) the furnishings could be modernized.....the couch, for example, looked like it was 40 years old, This was especially glaring when we went to visit the room our friends had in the main tower :( There room looked like it was in 2020....our room did not.

I still would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. Maybe the owners will read this, and sometime in the future, there will be some upgrades.

Reviewed 29 January 2020 via mobile

We have stayed here before. It is always nice to walk up to the check in desk and be greeted by cheerful and helpful employees. The hotel is well maintained food is great and bartenders were fast and friendly. Definitely plan on staying there again. And another thing. With the president coming in town and rooms at a premium. The Bolero kept their regular winter rates. So whether what side of politics you are on have to respect them for not gouging people coming in to town for such a big event.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 830mickeyb
Reviewed 11 January 2020 via mobile

This resort has a lot of potential. Stayed in a luxury suite. Room was clean and comfortable. Decor was very outdated. Could use a refresher for the new decade. Food in restaurant was excellent. Stayed 3days/2nights. First night of service at bar and next day breakfast left a lot to be desired. However, the service for the remainder of the weekend was then markedly improved! Entertainment for both evenings was fantastic and well worth the trip!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2019 via mobile

Most hotels in the area were half the price we paid. I paid extra for indoor pool, hot tub. When we arrived it was closed due to painting. When they opened they had every window open and it was freezing. The key took 5 to 8 tries to work, the vent was full of mold, the toilet wouldn't flush without holding it down for almost 10 seconds, there was no hair conditioner supplied and the soap and shampoo was Dial brand. The towels were thin and there were ants in the bathroom. The hotel bar was closed and we had to eat, drink across the street. Looks like they were renovating when we were there. The smell or cigarettes came in through the vents or the window... we couldn't figure it out. We were very dissatisfied. There was a huge gap under the door which let cold air in.

Date of stay: November 2019