2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$255
View deal
FindHotelUS$255
Hotels.comUS$255
Orbitz.comUS$255
CheapTicketsUS$255
TravelocityUS$255
TripadvisorUS$255
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 September 2019 via mobile

This hotel has two problems that need to be fixed immediately. First, the sheets don’t fit on the beds. It only covers the top 2/3 of the bed leaving the bottom exposed to the dirty mattress cover (see picture). The only reason I found out is because the top sheet was also too small and pulled off in the night. I unknowingly slept with my feet on a dirty cover where other dirty feet were. I wanted to check the other bed and it was the same way except worse. The mattress cover was unzipped exposing the terrifyingly gross mattress with a huge stain visible.

My second issue is the security issue. The motel is right on the road. The doors do not stay locked and do not self-close. I returned after being out all day and found my door unlocked. It must have been housekeeping when they serviced the room. Also, the keys are just regular house keys so anyone could go make a copy and have access to the room whenever they wanted.

Beware of this hotel!

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank Peter M
Reviewed 26 July 2019 via mobile

My family and I stayed here the last week of June (as we have for the last several years), and once again, we weren’t disappointed. There is a pool that is always clean. The service is good. The manager is very friendly. They have even upgraded some of the things within the room which was a big surprise to us. This is an excellent place to stay, whether with a family or alone. It is extremely close to the beach and boardwalk and in walking distance of many other places. We will definitely be staying here again!

Date of stay: June 2019
2  Thank GeekGirl1025
Reviewed 20 June 2019 via mobile

Such a great place with friendly environment and friendly staff. The rooms were pretty clean and spacious also has large LED screens cable included. All the rooms see the pool. Overall it was such a great experience.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank omargZ4865DL
Reviewed 15 May 2019 via mobile

Coming down to Wildwood and staying at the skylark motel every year the owners and the manger are very helpful
From the second we arrive there they welcome us like a part of the family
The hotel is very nice now they renovated the whole rooms with a very nice big bathroom
Rooms are great and very clean
Location is amazing close to everything
Hoses keepers are very nice and helpful
The front disk people are so nice
We are coming to the skylark about 10 years now and willing to come every year

Date of stay: May 2019
1  Thank robertmP9729RD
Reviewed 27 March 2019

Called to book for 2019 vacation for two rooms and lady on phone (Teresa) originally gave a price. When we called back to book and try for a better deal (like normal human beings), she increased the sales tax on the rooms, which was originally not there on our first quote. You can't increase sales taxes!!!! Its illegal.
Its too bad for them, we stayed there once before, it wasn't half bad except one of the rooms we booked had carpet flooring and a non functional shower.
Lady on phone was rude, would not let me speak, encouraged me to go elsewhere and increased prices from one minute to the next. Would not take credit card either. Be aware when you book for increased sales taxes.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank cindykZ7747RO
SkylarkResortMotel, Owner at Skylark Resort Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2019

Cindy , after reading your review I feel I must respond . There are two sides to a story and this is mine. First of all you told me your husband called a few weeks earlier about prices . So you were calling again . so if you were quoted two different prices it is because I gave you the prices for rooms at the skylark and our sister hotel. I would like to say that I agree with your statement finding the right price . Everyone does their homework to get the right price in their budget . You were given a great price at the skylark . When I gave you the total with tax you became very upset with me regarding the tax. I told you cash or credit card you have to pay the tax. Then you accused me of hiking the price of the tax . I am the one that told you that’s illegal . I also told you to call the city of wildwood office to confirm this . I never told you the tax increased in 2019 l .remember telling you it decreased a bit in the last 2 years . You would not listen to reasoning and you hung up the phone on me . And as I said we take checks as deposits and credit cards you were never told we didn’t. I am the owner of 20 years of the skylark and never have any past guest become as upset as you about paying the true tax you were quoted . I will not allow you to slander me online . I wish your family a happy summer otherwise .