Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$499
View deal
Booking.comUS$499
Hotels.comUS$499
eDreamsUS$499
CheapTicketsUS$499
Orbitz.comUS$499
PricelineUS$499
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 July 2021

This is our second year staying here and it just didn’t live up to the first year. First, we stayed in their two bedrooms flats. Two major complaints, bed were unbearable and their was always a raw sewage smell in the apartment. I understand they are understaffed but a staff member never addressed the issue. The kid working the front desk even asked how the stay was and when he was told about the smell, responded “okay.”

Outside of that, pools were clean, parking was good, proximity to attractions is good. Kitchen is basic but was good enough for what you needed. Showers take forever to get hot water but the pressure is good.

I understand everyone is understaffed so those type issues I’ll ignore except for the fact that they advertise a grill on property. Last year their was one right at the apartment. This year you needed to walk two buildings away. Not a huge deal but the propane was out several times and the staff couldn’t be reached to refill. When you expect to eat a meal on your apartment and then have to order out because the amenity isn’t working, that is something I wasn’t happy about.

Over all, we will probably pick somewhere else to stay next year.

1  Thank Travelerdyu32
Reviewed 14 July 2021

I and a group of friends had a great time. The location was perfect - right by the boardwalk. We especially appreciated how clean the room was and the courtesy of the staff. I would highly recommend staying here.

Reviewed 13 July 2021

Not sure about some of the reviews on here but I beg to differ. This place is going uphill and only getting better. The owners and staff are kind and respectful. They responded to any and all concerns I had (not that there were many). Take your family here. Great location near the boardwalk and clean rooms.

Management response:Responded 13 July 2021

Thank you Ryder. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to have you and look forward to seeing you again !

Reviewed 13 July 2021

It’s unfortunate that so many people have bashed this place but my family stay was amazing. The staff were professional and kind. I think many vacationers fail to realize that many of the motels in NJ are short staffed because no one wants to work and collecting unemployment. I read the reviews before booking and was hesitant. One in particular states the owners are racist… WHAT!! The owners are people of color (my family is as well), we were always treated with respect.
Trust me… this motel is worth it. Great location, clean rooms, and amazing staff.

Management response:Responded 13 July 2021

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2021

The former owners of this motel ran a tight ship - clean, quiet, always in good repair. The new ownership has not continued this. We stayed here for five days last week. The one electrical outlet in the bathroom had no power. One of the bedside lights in the bedroom was non-functional since there was no place to plug it in; installation of the bedside table obstructed the outlet. We stayed in Part I which is the boardwalk side. Normally, guests can park under the motel - there is ample parking. This year, this space was reserved for the staff working in the boardwalk shops, which seemed ridiculous. Motel guests had to park in a small area under the boardwalk, which was very tight. It required extensive maneuvering to get in and out without hitting a car or a support pole. Plus one whole corner of this parking area was not available, since it was piled high with old furniture and appliances that had been removed from the motel. Heart of Wildwood has an excellent location, and has always had an excellent reputation. Unfortunately, the new owners are not protecting the reputation they purchased. Very sad to see.

Room tip: In Part I, rooms facing Spencer Avenue tend to be quieter.
Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank cruzmania
Management response:Responded 13 July 2021

With all due respect our hotel just like every single business in Wildwood has suffered through the Covid pandemic. This has meant we are on a skeleton crew of staff because we don’t have the influx of J1 students that we rely on every year. The heart of Wildwood building 1 parking lot was always a hassle as cars had to be parked 3 cars deep all crammed in to tight spots meaning we had to take every guest’s keys and valet them in and out constantly for cars parked in to get out! All customers did was complain about that and I recall you being one of them. As we have the building next door too, as well as the open parking lot in building 3 there was more than enough space to park. The boardwalk store owners have always been provided parking. It is just now that they are being asked to park themselves in so that we are not needing to park guests’ cars in and then going in the cars increasing cross contamination of germs.

Kindly try to be considerate of how much small business owners have had to deal with. We are a family run business and have always taken pride in maintaining a reputation of cleanliness. We wish you the best and hope you are able to see more clearly now why so many businesses are suffering.