“Back again and really enjoyed dinner”

Cinco de Mayo Mexican Grille
Ranked #31 of 312 Restaurants in Toms River
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 6 September 2015

We went for dinner here last night and i had the three amigos and my wife had a fish taco and a chicken burrito. Staff was very friendly and service was good. Price is right. Just one tip I learned from the last time. Sour cream and guacamole are optional and if you get the two on the side it is $7. Not saying that is expensive and maybe it helps keep the dinner costs down. Our bill was like $40. The food was excellent. Will be back.

Reviewed 14 August 2015

This place has been in our neighborhood for years. It is so non descript, you wonder how it stays open. You'll find it because the neon cactus sign in the window looks like you're getting the finger. There's no more than a dozen tables so it's a tight fit. But the food is great. Not your typical mexican fare. There are some unique items on the menu and its authentic. Right down to the waitresses with halting English and Mexican TV. Go for their specials. Always a surprise. We have 4 Mexican restaurants in town. This one is the best!

Reviewed 26 July 2015

Cinco De Mayo is a small storefront and it would be easy to miss it, but I'm glad I didn't. We were warmly welcomed, promptly seated, and treated to tortilla chips and excellent salsa while we looked at the menus. The menu had a lot of choices, but we went with out favorites: the veggie chimichanga and the shredded chicken enchiladas with salsa verde. Both came with rice and beans. Portions were generous, and prices were very reasonable. The total for our two meals (including tax but not tip) was $24.00. We really enjoyed our meals. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 6 May 2015 via mobile

Food was well spiced and the portions generous. The service was good.
I enjoyed the character of the place and plan on coming back

Reviewed 12 April 2015 via mobile

My wife and I recently joined another couple for dinner at Cinco de Mayo, and we are glad we did.
We are very particular when it comes to Mexican cuisine, and this place met our standards.
The mole sauce was tasty, and the fish tacos did not disappoint.
The portions were generous, and
the prices were reasonable.
We were particularly impressed with the pleasant and helpful service staff.
I was disappointed that they did not serve Taco Lengua, but the variety of selections was still very impressive.
We will be sure to return to this outstanding Ocean County establishment.