“Good But Not Five Star Hibachi”

Kanji Steakhouse and Sushi
Ranked #4 of 44 Restaurants in Tinton Falls
Cuisines: Japanese, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

The steak and chicken were over cooked. The chef did not use much fresh garlic and as a result the fried rice, noodles and protein were a touch bland. The miso soup was good. The ginger dressing on the salad was below average. The "show" aspect of our chef was good but not as exceptional as some other Hibachi places (Duo in Saratoga or a place in Naples for instance). Prices are reasonable.

Date of visit: November 2016

Reviewed 9 October 2016

I am a novice when it comes to sushi but my daughters have converted me. Their favorite place in our area of Monmouth County is Kanji. On our last visit we ordered the sushi pizza for an appetizer and it was so delicious I could have just eaten that for my meal. We also ordered the Sunshine Roll, the Christmas Roll, the Sweet Plus Roll and the Crazy Friday Roll. There must have been at least 6 slices to each roll. We ordered way too much but who cares when you can have it for lunch the next day? One of our guests opted for the Fillet Hibachi instead of the sushi, which included a small bowl of soup, a small salad, 3 sautéed shrimp and a generous dish of fillet, vegetables, rice and noodles. Everyone was stuffed. Prices were extremely reasonable and our servers were efficient and very pleasant. I am looking forward to our next visit and maybe by then I will have learned to use chopsticks!

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

We had a luncheon with a group of twelve. We were seated promptly and a waitress took our beverage orders and returned with the teas and sodas. A mix of the steak, salmond and shrimp hibachi special lunches were ordered. The meals came with fried rice, noodles and sauteed vegetables. A soup and salad also came with the meals.
My salmond was cooked just about right. Not the best not the worst I've ever had. The lunch special is $12 before beverage, tip or taxes. Not a bad price.
I'm sure to return on the near future.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Great food in a strip mall. Most would look right over it. Its BYOB but the next store in the strip is a liquor store. They didn't have the AC on the other night...during a heat wave. The meal was very uncomfortable.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

A few of us from work came over here for their hibachi special on Friday. A Good value and meal for $12 bucks. I ordered the steak, some of the others orders were the scallops, another the vegetarian. The meals were all tasty and enjoyed.
Of course there was the, fiery volcano and obligatory zucchini toss. Which only one of us got. Good lunch with friends and co-workers.

Date of visit: July 2016