“Worth the Wait”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Springfield Ave. / Union Pl.
Transit: New Jersey Transit Train Station around the corner on Union Pl. Summit stop
Description: In the kitchen of Fiorino Ristorante only the best will do. We have a zero-tolerance policy for anything that sacrifices quality. As expert chefs, we know that the best dishes start with the best ingredients. On our menu, you will find the finest Italian inspired dishes that the area has to offer, and we have spent years perfecting each and every item on our menu so that every dish is memorable. From our housemade raviolis to our signature cocktails, everything is crafted with an absolute attention to detail. The result is a journey of sorts, where each bite will transport you to the heart of Italy, and you will constantly have to remind yourself that you are not on a farm or a vineyard in Tuscany after each subsequent, delicious bite. We invite you to come experience Fiorino for yourself, let us take you across the globe, if only for dinner.
Reviewed 31 May 2021 via mobile

I’ve been looking forward to eating here for quite a while, as I’d eaten at Minetta Tavern many times when owned and operated by the Bitici family. I sat at the bar for dinner and had impeccable service. I had the grilled octopus for a starter and Chicken Milanese with fresh asparagus as a main. Everything was well cooked, prettily plated, perfectly seasoned and great tasting. John Bitici, the patriarch of the family sat and reminisced for a while and made my visit even more special.

Date of visit: May 2021
2  Thank H2oVision
Write a reviewReviews (236)

Reviewed 23 May 2021 via mobile

Fantastic food, pleasant waitstaff and accommodating for Celiac Disease and food allergies. Recently set up a wedding rehearsal dinner which could not have been better. The party was in the Wine Room.

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 9 October 2020 via mobile

I stopped in for dinner and was underwhelmed with the experience. The waiter was not very friendly or nice. I ordered the branzino and it was 2 little thin pieces of fish with the skin on it, 10 green beans and a 3 tablespoons of mash potatoes. When it arrived it was not hot. The price was $30. When I order this dish from other restaurants they serve the whole fish and debone it for you at your table for this price. In addition the fish was a little too salty and that was the dominate flavor. Then it took a while to get a check. I expected much better for this expensive restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2020
2  Thank Ramadama
Ilir B, Owner at Fiorino Ristorante & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2020

Ramadama, Ramadama, it's unfortunate to see you did not enjoy your meal. We appreciate your feedback. Typically we can filet your fish table side on request but currently we can not handle food outside of sanitized kitchen prep stations because of covid-19 protocols, We serve both sides of the fish so you got 2 filets, there isn’t any more to serve the head and tail is not served. We apologize the food getting cold, we’re seeing this with outdoor dining in October, unfortunately we have no control of the outdoor climate. Hope we'll get another chance to impress you in the future. -Ilir and Mentor

Reviewed 8 May 2020

This is a very special place! Been going since the very beginning. Not only do we love love the owner and his beautiful family ... who provide the utmost welcome and service professionally and from their sincere hearts! ... but, the food is stellar and delicious and creative and consistently amazing, and on and on and on... You cannot go wrong! Grilled Octopus app, the baby clams/a favorite!, delicious baby arugula salad with goat cheese, Caesar salad, the fried zucchini for two, Veal, Sole, Salmon, Veal chop, Ossobuco, steak sandwich, pasta dishes galore ... Those, and so many more! Beautiful food, beautiful old-world atmosphere, and beautiful staff and owners.. AND... not to forget the bartenders!! 5-star rating ALL- AROUND!

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 21 January 2020

We loved the food here, it is mainly Italian but lots of other offerings.
I highly recommend the veal osso buco which my husband thought was delicious and tender, probably the best he has ever had. The steamed clams appetizer is also very good. Unfortunately I ordered the halibut special but was mistakenly served the monkfish. I was surprised they could make such a mistake as this has never happened to me before. The monkfish was just ok, not very special.

Date of visit: January 2020
Ilir B, Owner at Fiorino Ristorante & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2020

It is rare our staff will serve the wrong dish, but please bring it to our attention so we can bring you the correct plate next time. Glad your husband enjoyed the veal osso buco! Hope we can serve you again soon. -Ilir and Mentor