3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$205
PricelineUS$205
Hotels.comUS$205
FindHotelUS$205
Trip.comUS$216
eDreamsUS$205
All reviews molly pitcher navesink river nice stay monmouth county view of the water bridal shower wedding event venue planning server maitre nj shore concert christian
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 August 2020

The man at the front desk was extremely rude to myself and my 14 year old daughter. He behaved so badly that we decided to not stay there after all. I know that these are difficult times dealing with the Coronavirus, but that doesn’t mean you can be rude to your customers who are paying a lot of money for a small room. Management should consider finding front desk help that is courteous.

2  Thank J1529JYkathrynf
Reviewed 21 August 2020 via mobile

I have stayed at Mollie Pitcher several times and have always enjoyed its quaint charm, bar and restaurant. I see many people complain about the size and age of the rooms but I find them consistently clean and very comfortable. The pool and view of the river cannot be beat. I stayed this time to meet with 3 girl friends, who also stayed in separate rooms. Bryan at the Front Desk was a pleasure but unfortunately, we encountered a very unpleasant manager, whose name I also believe was Brian, while enjoying the pool. There was no food or drink service and we would have to dress appropriately and hike up to the bar every time we wanted a drink or lunch, which is understandable during a pandemic but both the lifeguard and his supervisor were reprimanding us the entire time for such things as rotating our chairs to face the sun (seriously)? and having glass bottles in our beach bags (which the manager went through without our permission while we were in the water). We were buying drinks and lunch (not inexpensive) all day yet this manager accused us of "smuggling" in our own drinks and made us feel like criminals. I was very surprised by his hostility and aggression when he is employed in the service industry.
I still love the hotel but would hesitate to stay again unless they better educate their employees on placing the customer first and recognizing that their guests are paying a signoficant amount of money to enjoy themselves. We are older women and were hardly making a scene yet they made us feel like Spring Breakers. Loosen up pool staff!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank LKAPP
Reviewed 3 August 2020

We stayed the night after attending a wedding at their venue, which was very nice and the food was great, but the room was small, the air conditioner was less than adequate. No mini fridge so the beverages we brought with us remained at room temp. The bathroom had no ventilation or AC vents. While showering the tub did not drain properly so you are in ankle deep water by the time you are done and the toiletries offered were horrible. They erroneously charged us for room service, which we did not order. Over priced for what is offered. We found out afterward, even though we told them we were there for the wedding, they did not give us our "Wedding Welcome Bag" that was supplied by the bride and groom for their guests. I would not stay there again.

Room tip: Ask for a room in the "newer" section.
1  Thank Kagh03
Reviewed 29 July 2020 via mobile

Stayed here with my mom, as we had a concert near by, and it was a great stay. Great view and the room was comfy. We ate at the bar and the food was very tasty. Will definitely stay here again, especially in the summer.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank ArleneDetchkov
Reviewed 27 July 2020 via mobile

My wife and I planned a last minute one night weekend getaway this weekend and stayed at the Molly Pitcher Inn since it was one of the few hotels with an available room. Overall we had a nice stay, but there were several issues that caused me to rank it a 3 star stay.

Upon arriving at the hotel, the front desk manager had needed to step out briefly. The house-keeping manager was manning the front desk, and while she was really friendly and pleasant, she was unable to check us in. So we had to wait a little while before we could check in.

In terms of Covid 19 precautions, the hotel has a wrist scanner that measures temperature which I thought was good. They also have a mask policy in place, but unfortunately were not enforcing it very well. We saw a lot of patrons that were either not wearing a mask at all, or were wearing them incorrectly. Especially considering we had to wait in the lobby for ten minutes to get checked in, I would have preferred to have everyone around wearing masks.

As others have stated, the hotel and grounds are beautiful and perfectly situated on the river. However, our room itself was very much on on the “tired” side. Clean, but definitely in need of being freshened up. The door was a bit tricky to open, the bathroom on the old side, the AC was loud, and there was a strange little chandelier right in front of the sliding door to the little balcony. Not major concerns at all, but just “meh.”

We didn’t utilize the pool at all, but from walking by it certainly looked nice.

For a one night stay, we were comfortable and it was a good experience, but I also don’t think I would tell a friend to go out of their way to stay at the Molly Pitcher.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank nruffner