“Authentic Thai food prepared by a Thai chef”

Muang Thai Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 149 Restaurants in Red Bank
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2017

This place is amazing! The food is fabulous! The place is scrupulously clean and decorated with all Thai decorations. They also play Thai music and you actually feel like you are in Thailand! I've been to Thailand twice and my daughter lived there for two years and she thinks it's the best Thai food in NJ and so do I! I've been there once before and this was daughter's first time and she was over the moon with the place, the food and being able to talk to the chef in Thai who visited us at our table! If I lived close by, I would be there twice weekly without a doubt! I highly recommend Muang Thai! Not only for the food, but for the whole experience. It's like eating in an upscale Thai restaurant in Thailand and that is no exaggeration!

Reviewed 13 August 2017

We went to Muang Thai Restaurant tonite for the first time. The place is beautiful inside! It is decorated with all kinds of Thai decor and the lighting is absolutely perfect! It's a very cozy and warm kind of place. Our server, Linda, was very sweet and dressed in traditional Thai clothing. They play soothing Thai music and it actually makes you feel as though you are in Thailand! I have been to Thailand twice, so it was nice to be able to have that feeling again. We started with appetizers of curry puffs. We got the vegetable stuffed and the beef stuffed-delicious! We also got prawns in Springs rolls and they were fabulous-really good! We also got the fried tofu, and it was ok. I ordered the shrimp massaman curry, my husband got the duck and our friend got a chicken dish. We all loved the food! Everything was so delicious, we all loved everything! I highly recommend this restaurant. If you love Thai food, this place will make you happy because the food is fresh and delicious and authentically prepared. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 14 June 2017

My wife and I and two friends went to Muang Thai for dinner. The first thing you see when you walk in is a beautiful space; bright yellow painted walls with tasteful Thai decorations all around. After being seated by the Thai staff, all in traditional Thai clothing,, you are struck by size of the menu. I have eaten in many,many Thai restaurants and have never seen a menu this extensive. In addition to the "standard" Thai noodle and curry dishes, they offered dishes that I have never seen before on any other Thai menus. Now for the food: two of us had Thai spring rolls (4 totally crunchy vegetable filled cylinders with a spicy plum sauce) while the two others had the Thai Salad - fresh vegetables in a peanut/ coconut dressing. All delicious. For entrees, one in our party had a Masaman Curry, our vegetarian friend had Fried Tofu with mixed vegetables in a garlic sauce. Our other friend and I had seafood dishes in a Tamarind sauce; hers were shrimp and mine was a deep dried whole fish. All dishes were well prepared and got great reviews from all of us. The deep fried dish was particularly good, cooked perfectly and so crisp that the whole table heard the "crunch" when I bit through the skin into the juicy meat. One of the best fish dishes I have ever eaten. Prices at Muang Thai are high but considering the quality of the food eaten in a wonderful venue, it is worth the price. The fact that Muang Thai is a BYO restaurant eases the cost factor somewhat.

Reviewed 25 January 2017

I've been to Muang Thai for lunch. They have an incredibly large menu and a lunch menu for a reasonable price. I love the beautiful colors inside and the outfits on the wait staff. We came for dinner on a Saturday night. Parking was down the hill near Marine Park and was free because it was after six but it was a cooooold walk up in the winter air. Restaurant was not crowded but a few tables had customers. We ordered a pot of tea and couple of appetizers one of them being Thai mussels ($13.00). They were absolutely delicious and could have been a whole meal for me. We ordered the specials that were on the first few pages of the menu...a Thai duck dish and I ordered skewered shrimp on rice. The duck was 8-10 slices of duck with a nice sauce on it, white rice on the side. I had 9 shrimp on skewers over spicy rice. The shrimp were good but I couldn't eat the rice. All the food and atmosphere was nice but when we got an $87.00 bill for two people I thought that was a little high. Even the pot of tea was $5.00. By the time we added a tip it was almost $100.00 for two. Next time we'll either keep it a lunch meal or we'll just order the appetizers.

Reviewed 3 December 2016

The restaurant itself is very pretty on the inside and in the heart of downtown Red Bank. The service is spot on. I tend to drink a lot of water and my glass was always filled. I felt like the staff was happy to have me there. Every dish was great- and I loved the hot pumpkin custard with sticky rice as the final dish to a great meal.