All reviews club level spg points lobby bar starbucks coffee outdoor pool business hotel fitness center one night stay nancy wedding parallel conference ballroom checkin properties route college
Reviewed 12 May 2016

After reading the mostly negative reviews here on TripAdvisor I was a bit apprehensive when we arrived here. However I needn't have been.
There was a prom ball going on but it wasn't too full and the front desk was well attended. Check in was quick and friendly.
Yes the rooms are in need of refurbishment and there was an odd smell (sweaty!) in the room which got better after I sprayed some perfume and switched on the aircon. There was "only" one hair strand in the bathtub which I guess is better than what has been mentioned here. The aircon is quite loud which is a bit disturbing especially at night.
Other than that the room was pretty large, the area nice, the lobby and staff friendly and competent.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Todd C, General Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2016

Dear Traveler,
We would absolutely have you back with us again! We are grateful for your review and my team is eager to share it with all the service wonder makers that we have among us. Come back and honor us again with your presence!
We appreciate your loyalty and are grateful to you for choosing the Westin Princeton as your home away from home.
Wishing you safe travels and are looking to welcoming you back soon.

Be well,

Reviewed 8 May 2016

My family of four stayed here for 2 nights when my daughter had a nearby dance competition. I got a great rate for the quality of the room and facilities. We were very pleased with our stay and would recommend this hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Todd C, General Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2016

Dear Elizabeth,
We are delighted to receive your recommendation!
My team was happy to read your review and felt very much that they had the opportunity to care of a Valued Guest. Our doors will always be open for you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Be well,
Sleep well,
Eat well,

Reviewed 27 April 2016

We had so many strange things happen that I had to write them down to keep track of them all.

1. We checked in and were given a handicap room (we didn't need one) and quickly noticed that the bathroom door and door frame were very damaged by moisture from the open shower (see pictures). We decided not to ask for a new room however since we were adjoining our kids and wanted the king/2 doubles pair.
2. My mother in law (age 89) checked in and was given a handicap accessible room which she needs. However this one was different and didn't work for her since it had a high tub wall to step over instead of an open shower like ours. So at 11 at night my husband finds someone to help my mother in law find a better room. It turns out the only one in the entire hotel is ours. They explain their systems do not differentiate between the handicap room they gave us (open shower) and the one they gave her. Maybe they should so you can get people with needs the room they need? We switch rooms with her and spend more time with the front desk people to make sure they have a record of the switch. Now we're not even on the same floor with our kids.
3. The room smells like a locker room but it's more or less manageable with the A/C turned up.
4. Sure enough promptly at 6:30 am I get my mother in law's wake up call.
5. Of the three coffee pods for the machine in the room, one is caffeinated. This remains true both days we are there.
6. When I take my shower I discover the handicap seat in the shower is actually broken, so that a truly handicapped person would fall into the tub if they tried to sit on it.
6. Following my shower and trying to do my makeup in the half-height makeup mirror (it's a handicap room, which we don't need), I discover there is no hair dryer. Call down for a hairdryer and wait a long time for that.
7. At breakfast people from our table have to twice get up from the table and find a water pitcher since the wait staff have long since forgotten about us. This after practically begging for cream or at the very least whole milk for the coffee (they had brought tiny pitchers of what looked like 1% or maybe even skim milk).
8. When I get back to the room at 4 pm to take some calls, the room had not been made up. I call and ask for the room to be made up after 6 since I'm going out again at 6. Naturally while I'm on my call the cleaning folks are knocking to try to get into the room to clean it then.
9. Hilariously they put us (but we moved, leaving my mother in law and kids) on a floor that also includes corporate offices (see picture, taken from the door of my kids' room). So just outside your door is not the door of a fellow traveler, but rather an office worker coming to work in the morning. Good morning sales & catering staff!

In the end most of this is first world problems except for the fact that we were paying for this experience and never really received an apology. So many things went wrong that it started to be really comical. But every time I would mention something to the desk staff they would dutifully take down the fact that (the door was moldy, I didn't need a wake up call, I wanted two pods of coffee, etc.) but they never acknowledged or seemed to get that the complete end to end experience was just a disaster. I spoke with James, the manager on duty, who listened, but didn't really offer an apology.

Strangely I did get an apology (and 5000 bonus points) in email from the manager Robert when I got back from our trip. He apologized for the wakeup call and the lack of cleaning service (which ultimately did get performed), but again seemed not to have the whole story.

I'm not sure what happened to this place as we have stayed there before and it's been OK.

Room tip: Avoid 227 and 327. In fact avoid everything on the second floor.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Todd C, General Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2016

Dear Martha,
I certainly appreciate you taking the time to write to me concerning your recent stay at our hotel. I was sorry to read that we failed to meet your expectations with all the things that were not up to Westin Standards in your guestroom, for our Westin staff members not having enough empathy and compassion, for the less than a stellar performance that caused you disappointment and not a memorable experience. All above mentioned by you will be immediately addressed to my entire Leadership team in my daily morning meeting to take serious steps and measures to eliminate all defaults and to preclude the other occurrences for you during your future stays.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Wishing you safe travels.

Reviewed 22 April 2016 via mobile

Good place to stay. Nice and clean. But not a 5-star hotel for sure. Went there for a conference with my family and had a 6-month old son with us. We received a crib as we requested before arriving but I was not too pleased with the quality of the crib. It was a metal-framed one but looked like a mobile jail, if anything. Had to wrap the whole thing around with blankets we brought so that the baby doesn't hit his head on the metal bars every time he flips over. Room and bathroom were nice and clean but not a big fan of the sink being inside of the room, and toilet and bath tub in a separate room.

The conference rooms were nice and breakfast was pretty good as well. There is a food court outside of the hotel building and it was good too... Almost like a food court at a big mall.

I would go back to this hotel if I am around but I would definitely bring a pack-and-play or something for my baby.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Todd C, General Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2016

Dear Mr. Chan,
Thank you for your review and putting a good word out for us. We are happy to have your vote.

Please rest assured that we do acknowledge your constructive feedback with regards to the crib quality. Permit me to just mention that our cribs here, at the Westin Princeton, are in full compliance with safety regulations and meet all necessary required safety and brand standards.

again, we thank you for your valuable feedback and your input. Reviews such as yours do enable us to improve and apply remedies where needed. We want to hear the good, the bad and the ugly. Your concerns will be discussed at our Leadership meeting to see what else we can do to make our guests feel safe while using our cribs.

Wishing you safe travels and hope your Monday is off to a good start!

General Manager.

Reviewed 16 April 2016 via mobile

Well managed check in and courteous staff and management. Rooms were clean and quiet. Bar is in the lobby area. Breakfast was included with our room costs. will stay again next time in Princeton NJ. Ample parking

Trip type: Traveled on business
Todd C, General Manager at The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2016

Thank You! Very kind of you Gary! We cherish your raving review and applaud our service teams for creating such an outstanding experience for you in a true Westin fashion. We loved having you with us and look forward to seeing you again!

General Manager.