Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 May 2019

We stayed here for a weekend just before Memorial Day.

The location is wonderful - almost adjacent to the boardwalk. There are bikes for rent very close to that area. Parking is efficiently distributed with one allocated spot for each room. Check-in process was efficient (though its only between 3-6 PM, extendable till 9 PM on asking). We did not interact much with the staff otherwise. Management is quite responsive over email, not so much on phone.

The condo was well maintained and functional. The living cum kitchen area was quite large. Having dishes, glasses and cutlery means you can make your own food, which is advisable at least for breakfast or late dinner, as the restaurants in the area have limited open hours (10-6 PM) - don't trust Google Maps!

The bedroom had 2 beds that can comfortably fit 2 adults each, while the bathroom was spacious enough. The private entrance and balcony outside mean you can relax in chairs while looking across at the ocean.
A cleaning lady comes in around 11 AM each day to replace towels and wash the dishes.

There is a nice pool below, and also barbecue spots on the second floor. The hotel is less noisy than the adjacent Montego Bay and Sahara Motel (though they were directly boardwalk facing), those attract a younger crowd.

Not to say that it was a perfect stay, as there were some annoyances:
Wifi never worked throughout our stay, though we tried from all devices including a laptop. Luckily there was a strong mobile signal (AT&T).
The thin walls meant some noises crept through from adjacent units and the floor above (but nothing more than you face in any regular apartment in NY).
The elevator is a little slow (quicker to take the stairs down).
Also don't try the vending machines below, as none of them work/are stocked. Try Romano's beach store instead (the first shop on the corner of the adjacent boardwalk). Shoprite is the best for getting groceries; local groceries seemed notoriously unreliable in terms of open times.

Overall, I would consider Surf Song to be value for money as long as you have the mobility of your own car. Being that close to the beach has its benefits in spite of the minor inconveniences inside the building. This is definitely the place to stay if you are in a group of at least 3-4.

Room tip: The 4th and 5th floor rooms have a restricted view of the ocean. However, there is only a single elevator off to one end.
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Debanjan-Dey
MotelMgmt, Guest Relations Manager at Surf Song Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Surf Song on TripAdvisor. We are very happy you had a nice weekend stay and enjoyed our location and pools. We hope we will see you again very soon as we have wonderful specials throughout the season!

Reviewed 13 February 2019

If you are traveling to North Wildwood, this is the place you want to stay!!!! a quarter block to the beach! The TWO heated pools! The 5th floor sundeck! The 2nd floor barbeque and grilling deck! And each unit is decorated VERY nicely!!! You won't be disappointed!!!

Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank BOBMAINART
MotelMgmt, Guest Relations Manager at Surf Song Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2019

Thanks for the awesome review, Bob! We are glad to hear how much you enjoyed the Surf Song's amenities and location. Guests love our spacious suites that are extremely comfortable for extended vacations. We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Come back and see us soon and tell your friends and family about the Surf Song in North Wildwood. Cheers!

Reviewed 21 January 2019 via mobile

Hello OPMC,

I am sending this instead of the Yellow Card that is typically given out at the Surfsong (SS). I have been a loyal customer of the SS for over a decade. I would like to let you know the HARROWING experience we had in the Summer of 2018. I booked room 501 for LABOR DAY weekend in JANUARY of 2018 when the bookings start for that year. When I arrived, the person behind the desk welcomed us and I handed us the keys to 201. I did not even look at the keys until I got on the elevator. I immediately went back to the office to make them aware of the problem and they stated: “We do not save rooms”, “We only save types of rooms”. I said: “I have email PROOF that I reserved this room”. They stated that did not matter as the person that worked there in January “no longer worked there”. I stated, that made no difference as they were representing the company when they took my reservation. I asked to see the manager. The manager avoid us by saying she was “out of the office”, when it was obvious that some of the employees in the background of the office where chatting with the manager.

We checked out room 201. It was a PIT. I will provide details if you like. But, I would not belabor that point. My Wife was EXTREMELY disappointed. I stated that I expect to be put in the room I reserved. They stated the best they could do was “Give me my money back” and therefore, sending us HOME to PA with NO VACATION. I said “you must be joking”. They said they were not.

If it had not been for “Lisa” in housekeeping who knew me and my family. Lisa knew I had been stay at SS EVERY YEAR FOR OVER 10 YEARS. Somehow she got us into #500. I had not booked that because the owner has not updated it in 10 years and it shows it. Bad/old tv’s.. scratches, crappy microwave, super-loud AC in master bedroom, etc. BUT, it was better than going home. So we took it.

The reason we loved the SS was that it has a pool and it close to the Boardwalk. Also, SS takes reservations from Thursday-Tuesday if a room is available. We like to do this for Labor day weekend each year.

We will NEVER RENT FROM SS AGAIN unless:

Someone from OPMC calls me and explains to me what the current policy is regarding reservations
I would like to know if 500 is being forced to renovate this year as the desk stated. We are hoping.
I would need to see a CONTRACT with the ROOM NUMBER we are reserving it clearly stated and confirmed.
We are open to rooms 500 (if renovated) or 501 and if they are available for Thursday thru Tuesday (checkout)

BEYER FAMILY

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Mrbeyer1
MotelMgmt, Guest Relations Manager at Surf Song Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2019

Thank you for reaching out to us and explaining your experience last year. We understand your disappointment in not getting the suite you requested when you made your reservation. Unit 500 is a beautiful suite with many renters calling this unit their favorite 2-bedroom suite at the Surf Song.

On occasion our managers are not able to honor unit requests due to issues that may arise in other suites causing us to have to move other guests prior to your arrival. I do not know what the exact issue was that caused your reservation to be moved but it can happen. This is why we are not able to guarantee a suite. We always try our best to honor suite requests.

I can tell you that for 2019, unit 501 is not renting. We do not know at this time how much the owner of 500 has planned for his unit but we made recommendations for some upgrades in his unit. We make upgrade/improvement recommendations to our owners at the end of each season so they have time to review our inspection reports and make improvements prior to the next season. Many owners have already made these improvements.

If you would like to contact the Surf Song and arrange a visit to view some 2 bedroom suites you can then choose the one you would feel the most comfortable in. Please let us know if you would like to come to the Surf Song to see the available two bedroom units for the dates you are interested in.

Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to giving you a tour of our two bedroom suites and discussing your 2019 rental options.

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

We were invited to join friends in their two bedroom rental a few weeks ago.

Upon check-in, they were told the unit on the 5th floor that they booked was not available and that they never would’ve promised a specific unit. The said unit number was right on a post-it in their paperwork when they went through it w the front desk.

They ended up getting unit 301. They warned us before we got there that it was pretty gross and asked that we please bring clean blankets with us. (GLAD we did!!) On our way there, I read the reviews and one specifically said “Don’t stay in 301: it’s filthy”.

AGREED!! Light carpeting stained beyond belief! Grout on the tiled floors was absolutely gross, “leather” light colored sectional: . Quilt in our room had a huge stain on it!

Carpet needs to be ripped out in the whole unit and replaced w vinyl (something that can be cleaned). Dated/gross furniture needs to be replaced! Thankfully, the shower was clean, the AC was nice and cool.

Our friends stayed in 300: looked really nice! (Their original rental unit had a broken fridge and AC, so they were moved).

Location is great, very family oriented/friendly, grills outside: we ate there w a huge group one night, pools were nice. We had a great time. I would highly recommend seeing the unit you book before you go: makes ALL the difference bc it isn’t inexpensive to stay there.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Chelleconrad
MotelMgmt, Manager at Surf Song Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

We are very sorry to hear about your less than perfect experience with us at the Surf Song. We aim to provide all of our guests with a five star experience and we recognize where we fell short here. While we know that it can be difficult to find a time when the room is unoccupied mid-season to give the carpet time to dry after a cleaning, we wish there was more we could have done for you! Although all of our rooms are individually decorated and therefore do range in style, if there are ever any issues with the actual cleanliness of the room(such as the stained blanket that caused your friend's to recommend bringing a new blanket) we certainly ask that you make the staff aware as we can replace such items immediately. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future to earn your five star experience!

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Always a Great time at The Surf Song. Been going there for about 15 years now , 1st week of August. Two Pools , Two Elevators. 1 block to Beach. All rooms have a kitchen with all the amenities needed to cook a full dinner

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Q6058EYstephenh

We are so happy that you choose to stay at the Surf Song year after year! We pride ourselves in being a resort fit for all occasions and ages. We love to hear about families that have grown over the years yet still find their way back to the Surf Song and the beautiful Wildwoods time and time again! We can't wait to welcome you back to your home away from home next year!