Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 January 2019 via mobile

Hello OPMC,

I am sending this instead of the Yellow Card that is typically given out at the Surfsong (SS). I have been a loyal customer of the SS for over a decade. I would like to let you know the HARROWING experience we had in the Summer of 2018. I booked room 501 for LABOR DAY weekend in JANUARY of 2018 when the bookings start for that year. When I arrived, the person behind the desk welcomed us and I handed us the keys to 201. I did not even look at the keys until I got on the elevator. I immediately went back to the office to make them aware of the problem and they stated: “We do not save rooms”, “We only save types of rooms”. I said: “I have email PROOF that I reserved this room”. They stated that did not matter as the person that worked there in January “no longer worked there”. I stated, that made no difference as they were representing the company when they took my reservation. I asked to see the manager. The manager avoid us by saying she was “out of the office”, when it was obvious that some of the employees in the background of the office where chatting with the manager.

We checked out room 201. It was a PIT. I will provide details if you like. But, I would not belabor that point. My Wife was EXTREMELY disappointed. I stated that I expect to be put in the room I reserved. They stated the best they could do was “Give me my money back” and therefore, sending us HOME to PA with NO VACATION. I said “you must be joking”. They said they were not.

If it had not been for “Lisa” in housekeeping who knew me and my family. Lisa knew I had been stay at SS EVERY YEAR FOR OVER 10 YEARS. Somehow she got us into #500. I had not booked that because the owner has not updated it in 10 years and it shows it. Bad/old tv’s.. scratches, crappy microwave, super-loud AC in master bedroom, etc. BUT, it was better than going home. So we took it.

The reason we loved the SS was that it has a pool and it close to the Boardwalk. Also, SS takes reservations from Thursday-Tuesday if a room is available. We like to do this for Labor day weekend each year.

We will NEVER RENT FROM SS AGAIN unless:

Someone from OPMC calls me and explains to me what the current policy is regarding reservations
I would like to know if 500 is being forced to renovate this year as the desk stated. We are hoping.
I would need to see a CONTRACT with the ROOM NUMBER we are reserving it clearly stated and confirmed.
We are open to rooms 500 (if renovated) or 501 and if they are available for Thursday thru Tuesday (checkout)

BEYER FAMILY

Date of stay: June 2018
2  Thank Mrbeyer1
MotelMgmt, Guest Relations Manager at Surf Song Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2019

Thank you for reaching out to us and explaining your experience last year. We understand your disappointment in not getting the suite you requested when you made your reservation. Unit 500 is a beautiful suite with many renters calling this unit their favorite 2-bedroom suite at the Surf Song.

On occasion our managers are not able to honor unit requests due to issues that may arise in other suites causing us to have to move other guests prior to your arrival. I do not know what the exact issue was that caused your reservation to be moved but it can happen. This is why we are not able to guarantee a suite. We always try our best to honor suite requests.

I can tell you that for 2019, unit 501 is not renting. We do not know at this time how much the owner of 500 has planned for his unit but we made recommendations for some upgrades in his unit. We make upgrade/improvement recommendations to our owners at the end of each season so they have time to review our inspection reports and make improvements prior to the next season. Many owners have already made these improvements.

If you would like to contact the Surf Song and arrange a visit to view some 2 bedroom suites you can then choose the one you would feel the most comfortable in. Please let us know if you would like to come to the Surf Song to see the available two bedroom units for the dates you are interested in.

Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to giving you a tour of our two bedroom suites and discussing your 2019 rental options.

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

We were invited to join friends in their two bedroom rental a few weeks ago.

Upon check-in, they were told the unit on the 5th floor that they booked was not available and that they never would’ve promised a specific unit. The said unit number was right on a post-it in their paperwork when they went through it w the front desk.

They ended up getting unit 301. They warned us before we got there that it was pretty gross and asked that we please bring clean blankets with us. (GLAD we did!!) On our way there, I read the reviews and one specifically said “Don’t stay in 301: it’s filthy”.

AGREED!! Light carpeting stained beyond belief! Grout on the tiled floors was absolutely gross, “leather” light colored sectional: . Quilt in our room had a huge stain on it!

Carpet needs to be ripped out in the whole unit and replaced w vinyl (something that can be cleaned). Dated/gross furniture needs to be replaced! Thankfully, the shower was clean, the AC was nice and cool.

Our friends stayed in 300: looked really nice! (Their original rental unit had a broken fridge and AC, so they were moved).

Location is great, very family oriented/friendly, grills outside: we ate there w a huge group one night, pools were nice. We had a great time. I would highly recommend seeing the unit you book before you go: makes ALL the difference bc it isn’t inexpensive to stay there.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank Chelleconrad
MotelMgmt, Manager at Surf Song Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

We are very sorry to hear about your less than perfect experience with us at the Surf Song. We aim to provide all of our guests with a five star experience and we recognize where we fell short here. While we know that it can be difficult to find a time when the room is unoccupied mid-season to give the carpet time to dry after a cleaning, we wish there was more we could have done for you! Although all of our rooms are individually decorated and therefore do range in style, if there are ever any issues with the actual cleanliness of the room(such as the stained blanket that caused your friend's to recommend bringing a new blanket) we certainly ask that you make the staff aware as we can replace such items immediately. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future to earn your five star experience!

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Always a Great time at The Surf Song. Been going there for about 15 years now , 1st week of August. Two Pools , Two Elevators. 1 block to Beach. All rooms have a kitchen with all the amenities needed to cook a full dinner

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Q6058EYstephenh

We are so happy that you choose to stay at the Surf Song year after year! We pride ourselves in being a resort fit for all occasions and ages. We love to hear about families that have grown over the years yet still find their way back to the Surf Song and the beautiful Wildwoods time and time again! We can't wait to welcome you back to your home away from home next year!

Reviewed 21 July 2018

Walked into the room and the rug was filthy. Went to office and was told there was nothing else available. I was told that they would send someone to clean the rug. Never happened! Wifi is horrible! Housekeeping was in and out in 5 minutes.

Room tip: Do not book room 301
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
MotelMgmt, Manager at Surf Song Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

We are so sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience with us at the Surf Song. We strive to provide all of our guests with unmatched service and we recognize where we fell short here. While we know that professional carpet cleaners need an unoccupied room when treating the carpets, we wish there was more we could have done at the time of your stay. Likewise, while we know that Comcast does have frequent outages in the area, we do hope to enhance our wifi moving forward. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future to earn your five star experience!

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

So my family has been coming to Surf song for years and this past day was one of the worst ever... Each unit is individually owned and therefore upkeep and basic conditions vary from place to place... staying here several times and usually always getting a good to very good Suite we weren't to Leary about booking 516... First off let's just say the furniture is minimally 6 to 10 years old..there was a very small loveseat and a couch with a pull out bed that was broken as to where you cannot even lay on it you have to close the couch and sleep on that... The dishes are the worst ever there is one very small pan you used to maybe cook gravy on Thanksgiving not even big enough for a box of macaroni and cheese one flat pan like a griddle and one basic Skillet pan... We normally bring food down to help out with eating every night this year was almost impossible to cook what we brought.. the dishes and pans were scratched up rust was coming off the pans to wear as we opted basically throw the food away and eat out... the two double beds in the bedroom were very beat up as well the mattresses had ruts in them and is one of the worst things I've ever to sleep on... The curtain liner in the bathroom was piss yellow... You would think these owners make thousands I mean thousands a summer and can't afford to get a $50 box of pots every year from Walmart which would consist of probably about 10 to 12 pieces... Change your sofa maybe once every few years as well as your bedding... definitely do not Reserve 516 and surf song should be ashamed of themself for not upholding a higher standards and keeping these owners to a strict policy as far as the rooms upkeep and regulation

Date of stay: June 2018
2  Thank ceeparadise1
MotelMgmt, Manager at Surf Song Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

We are so sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience with our resort. We take pride in providing all of our guests with a five star experience and we certainly did not want to provide you with anything less than that. While each unit here is individually owned we do try our best to be the eyes and ears for the owners and alert them when updates need to be made. We apologize for not seeing the problems you spotted before your arrival.
We will work diligently to ensure that we review the points you have made and determine the best way to update the unit. We sincerely hope that you will stay with us again in the future. We are honored to have your family choose our resort year after year and would love to see you again and can assure you that you will have a better experience!