Lowest prices for your stay
US$399
View deal
Hotels.com
US$399
View deal
CheapTicketsUS$399
FindHotelUS$399
Orbitz.comUS$399
All reviews across the street sea wall nice pool checking in melanie motel boardwalk steps june
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 July 2020

We booked the Alante Motel for the Friday to Monday of July 4th weekend. I booked it over the phone during June and was emailed confirmation (our balance was $620). A few days prior to our arrival, I emailed asking if our room was available for the Thursday night. It was, so we booked it and I asked for a new balance so we would have enough cash to pay (they did not accept cards when checking-in). I was emailed back with a balance due of $725. We arrived after 6pm on Thursday night so they left our room unlocked and told us to pay the balance on Friday morning when the office was open. The husband tells me I owe $875. I said no, I owe $725. So he gets his wife, Melanie, to come out. She tells me it’s $875 and she must have messed up in the email. She actually had the audacity to question me as to why I would think the room would only cost an extra $105 during a summer night and had a terrible attitude. Maybe because 1. she emailed the dollar amount, 2. we are in the middle of a pandemic and 3. they had plenty of vacant rooms the entire time we were here. In hindsight, I wish I had left and found another hotel to go to. But with 2 kids and already fully unpacked, I didn’t want to deal with the hassle. I won’t be staying at the Alante ever again. The customer is always right except here.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Tine8484
The Alante Motel, Innkeeper at Alante Oceanfront Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello,
Communication is the key to success in relationships and in life. We do in fact take credit cards and are happy we still received three stars for our great location, cleanliness, and awesome perennial customers.
We do hope to see you again soon at the Sunny Jerz Shore!

Reviewed 25 March 2019 via mobile

I stayed at the Alante summer of 2018. I apologize to the owners and management for a late review.
The Alante brought back many memories of my childhood vacations in Wildwood. The decor of this motel is what Wildwood is about. The stucco front and the large windows overlooking the pool. Watching my children watch the pool being cleaned while eating breakfast before it opened for the day was just one of the many things that made this trip sentimental. The beach is literally across the street. About 40 steps from the edge of the property. Management is second to none. They were some of the friendliest people I ever met and they bend over bacwards to be sure you're happy. Last year they had a weekly pizza night and a bbq night for the guests if I'm not mistaken. They really are all about treating the customers like family and I felt that the second I walked in to check-in. I see many more visits in my future.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family

Thanks! Loved having you guys and welcome to The Alante´Family.

Reviewed 18 March 2019

People were very nice, but the room was so small the bedroom door couldn't open all the way because it hit the bed! Could also use refurbishing. Stairways have open steps (no risers), and my aunt has neuropathy in her feet and legs. She is not sure-footed, and was a little bit nervous on the stairs, as was I. It is dated and a bit run down. Otherwise, it served its purpose for a 2-night stay.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Hello,
Some of the rooms are smaller than others, Hence, motel rooms vs. apartment efficiencies. Perhaps, we can accommodate you for a first floor room next time? We will have to disagree with the cleanliness, because our motel is consistently ranked as the friendliest and Cleanest in all the Wildwoods! Be well and we hope to see you soon at the Sunny Jerz Shore!

Reviewed 12 February 2019

My Husband and I stayed at the Alante for a week in Sept. We had stayed here before and loved the size of the pool. This visit was just as nice. We had an Oceanfront room on the top floor. Melanie was great from check in to check out, she would be sweeping the parking lot when we were on our way out, and stop and talk to us. When our AC stopped working, she had another brought to the hotel and installed for us. I was very impressed. The location is beachfront, walking distance to the bars and restaurants, and the sea wall. This is a nice little family run business. I felt that the pool was not very clean this time, so we didn't really use it. I would def. stay here again! The rooms could use a little updating, but who sits in a room when on Vacation?? If we were not traveling to Jamaica this Sept. for our 10th Anniversary, we would be staying here again!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thanks for your good review! Hope to see you again real soon to earn your 5ht STAR!

Reviewed 29 September 2018

I have been going to the Alante' for my week's vacation in June for well over 10 years. Each and every year, it gets better and better. My room on the 2nd floor is ocean front, nothing but ocean to stare out and get carried away by. Melanie, Bill and the staff always make me feel welcome, nothing is ever too much trouble. Always asks "how have you been since last we saw you?" They make you feel welcomed and they are glad you are there. I look forward to my vacation ever year because its like going home! I highly recommend the Alante'.

Room tip: All rooms are very comfortable and very, very clean. Rooms on the 2nd floor have a view of the ocean, which I personally recommend.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Harriet B

Great having you! Thanks again for your service! Semper Fi!