“Popular Long Standing Tavern but Not a Steakhouse”
Review of Arthur's Tavern

Arthur's Tavern
Price range: US$1 - US$25
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The menu touts itself as a solid steakhouse but if you order steak, try and get a sharp knife. Large portions, tasty but chewy. And very pricey for a tavern. Stick to the burger and beer offerings. Disappointed after waiting outside in the cool night with snow melting.

Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

Went with my husband and the food is great. On a Sunday, really busy from about 2-3:30. Place is fine for couples, seniors and families with young kids. The hamburgers are big and cooked as requested, served on a hard roll with a side of cole slaw, which is delicious. My husband had the sirloin; he could only eat 1/2 of it but it was cooked perfectly and came with a side of Arthur’s potatoes which are red potatoes, sliced (with skins) and cooked with onions (really tender and tasty). Shared the carrot cake which tasted home made and was enough for 2 to share. Wait person was knowledgeable and very pleasant. Will definitely be back again.

1  Thank Parsippany1986
Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

It was my first time eating here. You can always measure the quality of great food by the bread served. At first bite I knew the appetizers and entree would be amazing and man was I right.

I had an amazing chicken and mushrooms sautéed in white wine sauce and asparagus paired with a nice California red wine.

Great company deserves great food and libations.

Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

Recently recommend, we were excited to finally have a window of opportunity to visit Arthur’s. So disappointing! I could get over the casual atmosphere, it had a hometown feel which I could embrace. However what I couldn’t get past was the food and service. My medium rare petite filet was charred, veiny and way too well done around the edges. My ‘classic wedge salad’ was half an iceberg lettuce, no bacon and I was asked if I wanted blue cheese crumbles on the side and if I’d like Balsamic on it?!? Seriously?!? Our waitress was ‘nice’ and the manager, although visible, never once came by our table at all. Dinner is currently sitting like a lead balloon in my stomach. Thanks, but never again!

Reviewed January 15, 2018

I have heard a few times that the burgers at Arthur's were great so we went and sat at the bar, had a few drinks and ate an early dinner. My wife had the corned beef on marble rye, which was nothing special and also the French onion soup, which was tasty although they cheese was a bit burnt on top. I ordered the burger med rare with American cheese and i put some sliced onion on it. I do have to say, I enjoyed it. It was really good. Service was good also and as we sat, the restaurant started to fill up. The place has a busy, Irish bar feel to it and is our type of place. We will be back again.