“Great BYOB”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

My friends & I celebrate birthdays here. Food is consistently excellent, service is wonderful and they don’t rush you. Highly recommend !!! Plus, their bakery is next door. Equally excellent !

1  Thank JazzinInJersey

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I love this place. The food is amazing, especially the Home made pasta. The owner is very friendly and has such passion. He always greets every table and is part of the experience. In Montclair it is a must!

1  Thank Carl M
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Our friends and my wife and I dined at Corso 98 this past weekend. Corso 98 is a warm and cozy byob Italian restaurant in Montclair New Jersey. We all had a great dinner that evening. We began with appetizers of the whipped goat cheese with fried tomatoes and grilled bread, grilled artichoke hearts and crab cakes. All were excellent. Entrees were the pork chop carella, grilled shrimp over risotto and cannellini beans and the pan seared crispy chicken. Each was perfectly seasoned with herbs and sauces. For dessert we had Italian ice box cake, tiramisu and Italian cheesecake. The waitstaff was friendly and professional. Corso 98 is one of the best restaurants in Montclair. We were all delighted with dinner and will definitely return.

2  Thank arubaphil
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Have been here many times over the years. The food is and has always been amazing. The service is superb. Its worth a trip to Montclair .

1  Thank mickeynj1
Reviewed 29 January 2018

We had a 6:00 reservation on a Saturday night.We were warmly greated by the very pleasant owner and told to choose any table we liked.That was the beginning of a perfect evening,a wonderful dining experience.We chose to sit to the very rear of the restuarant,under the eclectic bike on the wall.This was a good choice as the restuarant filled up quickly and we enjoyed being out of the hectic pace of this very popular restuarant.I knew after looking at the reviews I would order the Tuna which was so beautifully pictured.Great choice.Itwas perfectly presented just like the picture and it was the best tuna I have ever tasted.My husband ordered the pork chop which was also so delicious and melted in your mouth.The risotta with shrimp was shared as a side by the table and again ,this dish was a major hit.The chef is brilliant.Not only does the food taste so delicious it is plated by a very artistic epicurean.So beautifully presented.I am dreaming of another piece of the burnt sugar cake as it was a perfect way to end the meal.I believe the wife is the baker.Lucky man..And hes so thin! We cannot wait to return...PS..With so much perfection,the basket of bread we were served was actually burned.That was forgiven,but I would imagine a nice warmed crunchy basket of bread at such an outstanding restuarant would have been fabulous!!

1  Thank MseRob