“Best coffee in town”

The Coffee Mill Roasters
Ranked #2 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Millburn
Reviewed July 20, 2016 via mobile

Better than Starbucks and Rockin Joe's. Great owner and staff. Coffee is roasted on premises. Great treats from NY bakery. Addictive

Reviewed June 28, 2016 via mobile

I stopped in unexpectedly a month ago and now it's my new favorite. I live in town and there are 3 other "chain" coffee places and honestly don't know why you would go anywhere else. Everyone I get an iced coffee from d&d it taste like they haven't cleaned the container since they got it. I also have tried their flavored lattes can't decide if I like the French toast or mocha raspberry the best (but that's dessert) and they have gelato!!!!!! Omg what!!!!!! With espresso ???!!!!!!! Thought I was dreaming! Place is great owner is nice and the staff is friendly plus they always have good music do if you wanted to sit outside n have coffee you could really chill. The inside reminds me of something you would find in NYC I won't go anywhere else now :-)

Reviewed June 19, 2016

Went in today for an iced cappuccino.Small cappuccino was listed at $3.50. When it came the woman behind the counter said $4.92, When I looked up at the prices and asked her the price she said snarkily, "$4.92"
I said, "But a small cappuccino is listed at $3.50"
She looked up at the prices and said "But yours was iced."
I said, " you charge more for iced?"
She said, "Yes."
I said, "but it's not listed anywhere."
She looked to the barrista and he said in a flat tone," Yeah, I guess he doesn't list it up there."
I said, "It is over a dollar more for an iced drink? I've never heard of that. Or certainly unless it was listed."
She looked at me like I was an idiot and should just get out.

I purposely went to this place as opposed to the starbucks on the corner(where I went yesterday as Coffee Mill Roasters was closed & got a medium iced cappuccino for $4.01- the same price as a hot one) as I like to give my business to the smaller mom & pop places over the big chains when at all possible.

However, after being made to feel that I was a problem customer and was an idiot for actually caring about how much I was being charged, I will certainly never go to Coffee Mill Roasters again. Disappointing on all counts.

1  Thank jarujaru
Reviewed March 20, 2016 via mobile

A nice place to go get some coffee and sweet, owner very hands on and down to earth, a local business people should go to instead of the Starbucks....good coffee and atmosphere..

Reviewed April 24, 2015

We were excited to try this place, as reviews were good. The staff were nice enough, there were a few items to get along with coffee, but small selection.

All 3 of us were disappointed in the black coffee....no body, weak and sadly, nothing that would make us return. It was fine, but we are still on the hunt for some place wonderful in the area.