“Nice in every way. Excellent food and service”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Matata Asian Cuisine
Ranked #20 of 56 Restaurants in Middletown
Reviewed 11 August 2016

DW and I, seniors, like this Asian restaurant very much. We usually get one bento box and a sushi or sashimi deluxe platter and it is plenty for the two of us. The fish is always fresh. The tempura is classic and delish. BYOB is a welcome plus. The setting is nice and the pricing is appropriate. A good value.

1  Thank Bill B

Reviewed 9 June 2016

Dinner here was such a fun treat as my group of ten enjoyed ordering so many different entrees and apps. Everything was delicious and the service very friendly. Some favorites were the garlic shrimp, orange chicken, and pineapple fried rice. Will definitely go again!

1  Thank collegemom14
Reviewed 4 April 2016

My wife and I ate here several times. If you want excellent fresh sushi this is the place to go. They also have hot rolls too such as Double Lobster roll and Spider Roll which we love. Their soups are fresh and very good and they are not salty like many places. This place delivers also. We had food delivered a few times and when we ordered Green Tea it came already made and it was very good. We tried many Sushi places and this is the best we have eaten so far. I noticed some reviews were not good in 2015 and I am surprised because we never had a problem with their food or service.

Reviewed 11 October 2015

My husband and I decided to give it a try based on some favorable reviews. We have eaten at another local establishment that we enjoy for the same type of cuisine, but decided to try Matata. The minute we walked in the door, we knew we made a mistake. The servers were harried and not friendly at all. They took our drink orders but were literally running around the restaurant. Mind you, there were only six tables filled at the time, but the seemed very hectic. Not a relaxing atmosphere at all. My husband ordered an appetizer of dumplings. After quite a bit, my salad and soup (part of my bento box dinner) arrived. Then, after awhile later, my husband received his appetizer. We noticed no other table was receiving all their food and nobody had paid a check and left....again only six tables were filled. My husband's appetizer was lukewarm at best and the sauce was separated. It appeared as if the dumplings were taken directly from the steamer and not drained properly and placed into the sauce. No care absolutely for presentation. My salad was also very watery and too much dressing..kind of unappetizing. Then my husband's dinner entrée was delivered. He said it was mediocre at best and again, not very hot. My dinner never arrived. After spending about an hour in this establishment, we decided to leave. When my husband approached the counter to pay his bill, then my dinner appeared. At that point, I did not want it, as the experience was ruined and it was also incorrect for what I had ordered. They offered a discount!! For food not deliverd or eaten??? No. We noticed other people still waiting for food and incorrect food being deliverd to tables. Table next to us even joked that we wanted to eat at the same time?? They hadL same experience as only one person received their appetizer and no entrees in site when we left. Not one table had a complete service in the time we were there and we were there well over an hour. Food quality was so low, service was terrible, we paid for my husband's food and left. Never, ever..again. Stay away!!!! If you want good Asian food, there are other local places much, much better than this..

Reviewed 2 September 2015

We have ordered take out 4 or 5 times and have never been disappointed. Everything we have ever ordered was delivered quickly, hot and delicious