“Bagels plus”

Livingston Bagel
Ranked #39 of 84 Restaurants in Livingston
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed March 8, 2017

Nice breakfast brunch place with bagels in mind. Anything you want on the bagel, or just eggs and more

Reviewed February 21, 2017

I stopped here to grab something to eat between meetings. I ordered a bagel with olive/pimento cream cheese to go. When one orders a bagel to go, the cream cheese or other spread spread invariably sticks to one side of the bagel or the other when it is wrapped so if you don't want to eat the bagel as a sandwich it is necessary to spread some of the cream cheese from one side onto the other half of the bagel. I asked for a plastic knife to do so, but in this case it was pointless because there was so little cream cheese on the bagel it barely covered one half of it- forget about having enough to spread the other side of the bagel- and I don't like a mounds of cream cheese. I have never seen so little spread on a bagel. It was skimpy and both the bagel and spread were rather tasteless. As for service, another take out customer was very displeased because apparently the clerk got his order wrong and when he complained (somewhat rudely) the clerk just smirked at him. Pleasant.

Reviewed November 28, 2016

We enjoyed the bagels we got from this place; nice and moist and chewy with a harder outside crust. Yum! I also got some capered-lox spread that was very good as well. You can take out or eat in; lots of people do both here. I highly recommend this shop for great bagels!

Reviewed August 23, 2016

Love this place - fresh bagels, great food, good service. My one criticism is that if you are here for a business meeting it can be kind of loud.

Reviewed July 10, 2016

Hadn't been in Livingston for 25 years and on a recent trip stopped at Livingston Bagel for breakfast. The bagel was really not good. How can you not have a great bagel in north jersey?! It was dry and didn't have the chew of a good bagel. I swear I had a better bagel this morning from Dunkin' Donuts. I also didn't like the cream cheese. It was liquidy and thin. Next time? Seyour's Deli.