“Two blocks from water front in keyport”
Review of McDonagh's Pub

McDonagh's Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
McDonagh's Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 38 Restaurants in Keyport
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broad Street
Transit: Hazlet and Matawan Train stations are located within a few miles from the Pub. Also, there is a bus stop in front of the Pub on West Front Street.
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Good atmosphere,food good. Has a nice outside area to eat. There is a five dollar lunch specials menu,which is great.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Have enjoyed many a time in this establishment. Bar service is fast and the drinks are always accurate. The food is pretty good for bar food. The atmosphere is not bad but can get a little loud. A good place to spend time with friends.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

We came across this establishment while browsing the antique stores in Keyport. It was a hot day, but it was cool under the covered patio. Lunch menu had typical bar grub plus some interesting sandwiches, salads and plates.
Our order arrive quickly and was quite good. Waitstaff was attentive to our water needs, refilling our glass frequently.
Next time in town we will try it out out again.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

Burgers were excellent and massive. They offer a pretzel appetizer that comes with three different dipping sauces and it hangs off the tray (14 ounces). Drinks are priced well for the area. Inside may lack a true pub feel-- it's more modern but they have one wall made of facades of businesses in Ireland which is pretty unique. Service was good and we were not rushed. Wasn't the greatest food but more than solid and worthy of another visit.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

I'm going with a 3 over a 2 because I really really want to like it here because we loved the overall vibe of the outside patio. People had their dogs with them which we love because it reminds us of key west restaurants.
We waited over 45 mins to be seated ... the only reason I mention that is because I was starving by the time we sat down and I ordered a steak sandwich, with no cheese , and was given a chicken sandwich smothered in cheese. I had to send back and wait for my sandwich. Which wasn't very good , but maybe because they rushed it out since the order was wrong.
The Salads were very good. Our 7 year old
son had the pizza and rated it a 4 out of 5.
My husband had the chicken sandwich and didn't care for it. The burgers looked very good and perhaps we should have just ordered them.
The second, very positive note, other Than the atmosphere was our waitress. I wish I knew her name to give her credit, but she was so super sweet and as busy as it was did her very best to take care of us. Her attitude was so upbeat when a lot of servers would have been frustrated and short. So because of the amazing service and the super cool patio we want to give this place another shot ... but do burgers.

Been to McDonagh's Pub? Share your experiences!