“Okay Food, Not So Okay Service”

Don Alex Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 49 Restaurants in Kenilworth
Cuisines: Peruvian
Reviewed 16 May 2015

We went for dinner a few weeks ago, my fiance had their roasted chicken and absolutely loved it. Mine wasn't so memorable because I can't even tell you what I got. The only thing I know that I got was aggravated. Very, very slow service. Some of the worst I've had. I would probably do take out for the chicken only because it was very good and very reasonably priced, but I wouldn't go sit down to eat ever again.

Reviewed 21 January 2015

I visit the Don Alex Restaurant a couple times a year. They are never a let down. The last time I was there, the food was great, atmosphere is great, and not to mention some of the waitresses they have are awsome to look at. I am not being a pig, but you have to pay compliments where they are due.

Reviewed 8 December 2014 via mobile

I do frequent this restaurant at least once a week. It is not our favorite, but they do have consistent dishes that keep us coming back. They have an afternoon lunch special under $9 Salad with a delicious traditional lemon dressing. Soup of the day (fresh made chicken or a beef with barley is our favorites). And the main dish changes..all are very good. They have some very tradional dishes..it's a good chance to try something different.

Peruvian seasoned Rotisserie chicken is a great take home family meal. Whole chicken, french fries and rice or salad. Under $30..grab a bottle of Inca Cola and a few alfajores for desert!

My favorite dish is llomo saltado.. (juicy stir fried beef with lightly fried onions and tomato with fries and rice)..Jalea ( battered fried seafood with onion salsa) also pretty good.

Unfortunately, some of the staff is not helpful in reccomending dishes. They are not all Peruvian. The chef is consist and the restaraunt has a pleasant atmosphere. ..great for a family meal, or afternoon lunch.

Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

Really great authentic Peruvian food at affordable prices. It is a must try. Service is great so is the ambience.

Reviewed 2 March 2013

Very good rice and chicken. Prices are a bit high for what you get. Steak can be fatty. Advocado sauce is tasty.