“A Hungry Gringo new Favorite.”

Woolley's Seafood House
Ranked #8 of 86 Restaurants in Howell
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Choose from a selection of the freshest seafood, burgers, sandwiches, salads and more.
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

I've been purchasing seafood from Woolley's market for over 25 years. Always great. This was the first time trying their Resturant. We sat inside. It was very well done. Nice open kitchen concept and seaside decorated. The menu was extensive with many choices. The kids menu was good as well. We had the sweet and sour calamari to start. Fresh and perfectly cooked. Nice small salad next. Then the mains. My son is a big eater and usually never gets enough food in a seafood joint. Well let's just say his Mahi Mahi was huge.. The amount of fish covered the entire plate. And it was cooked perfect. All other entrees were excellent.
In summary, Woolley's deliveries excellent seafood dinners that exceed all expectations in terms of quality and quantity. The atmosphere is clean and comfortable. Excellent.
A Hungry Gringos new local favorite.

Reviewed September 7, 2017

I've been going there for many years. Since I moved away from NJ, I make sure to visit and eat. The food is excellent and the staff is friendly with great service. It's very busy with people stopping by after their Jersey shore trips in the summer, when I went. Delicious, nice atmosphere, casual, friendly and just excellent!

Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

Went there for lunch with colleagues, the lunch menu was excellent and the portion size was enough for 2 people (my opinion). I had soft shell crab sandwich on their own bread which was absolutely delicious, served with a huge portion of fries. Also a must is the lobster roll.
The prices are a bit on the high side but if you want fresh seafood it's worth the money.

Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in on a Sunday evening on our way home from the jersey shore. Sat down at a wonderful table immediately.

The wait staff was very attentive, took our order, received our drinks and fresh warmed bread very quickly.

Soup, salads and entrees were served at appropriate time intervals. All of a very good quality.

Broiled scallops delicious. Shrimp & scallop jambalaya delicious.

Price was at a very good value.

We will definitely come back soon.

Reviewed July 18, 2017

My wife and I stopped by Wolley's Seafood Restaurant for dinner at 6:30pm on a Saturday to find its parking lot and the surrounding streets filled with parked cars. The place was filled with people buying fish from the market as well as others going to the restaurant. We drove around on and off the parking lot for quite some time until eventually we found an opening. Despite the parking crunch, the wait for a table was not that long. There was only one couple in front of us waiting to be seated and within 10 mins we were given a table.

This was our second time eating at Wolley's, but this was our first time eating indoors. The first time was on the patio which was very pleasant. The interior of Wolley's is fuctional - not fancy - but adequate to get the job done. As each new table opened up a waitress would rip off a large sheet of butcher paper and lay it out on the table as a table cloth. Inside the cooking station and the cooks are in plain view. So you have to endure all the chatter from the kitchen as well as the surrounding tables. On the walls is a large mural of boat on a rough sea with a lobster as well as other nautical themed objects and pictures.

The food here is good and the service - while not fast - is friendly. Shortly after seating we were given warm rolls and butter for the table. We placed our orders. At the recommendation of our waitress, I ordered the Wolley's Salmon which is salmon with goat cheese, artichoke and spinach next to a bed of rice and mixed vegetables. My wife ordered the fried trio – fried crab cakes, shrimp and flounder with cole slaw. Both our meals came with a small salad of fresh vegetables and a very light, but tasty, honey mustard dressing on the side. We both had ice tea to drink. Wooley's has now added wines from the Laurita winery in New Egypt to its menu in both the restaurant and the fish market if you like something stronger.

My salmon was soft, tasted fresh and was cooked just right; and was much larger than I thought it would be for the price. For $20, I could get two meals out of this, so took half of it home. As for my wife's fried trio the fried shrimp and flounder was delicious, but she did not like the fried crab cake because it was salty. I sampled her crab cake and the part I tasted was fine. The lumps of crab meat tasted fresh but there was breading and O' Bay seafood seasoning. The part she ate may have been over-seasoned.

Wolley's restaurant closes at 8pm. As time went on, by 7pm there were plenty of open tables in the restaurant and no line waiting at the door. The market next door closes at 7 pm. So on a Saturday night the parking crunch and wait for a table is probably over close to that time.

We had a great meal at Wooley's and while the inside restaurant was good, I would prefer the quiet and open air of their patio

Been to Woolley's Seafood House? Share your experiences!