“You get what you pay for, with a little bump”

Fuji Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 61 Restaurants in Hazlet
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Had a party of 8+, all ordered Hibachi, save for 1 teriyaki. The prices are great to start out with, hence my title. Was it the best super high quality Hibachi? No. Was it as good as or better than what you pay for? Certainly yes.
A few things for certain. Only 1 employee spoke English pretty clearly, they need more staff in front to clean the hibachi table(s) and of course they need 1 more cook! They time bringing out your soup and salad pre hibachi order, but you still feel like you are just waiting for your order to be cooked.
When the chef did start the cooking, he was talented and made a delicious meal, and they accommodated bringing 1 bottle of gluten free soy sauce for one order (they do not have it there) All in all, the meal was good, especially the noodles but the place needs to review how they operate.

Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

My wife and I really enjoy this place. We usually split the Land and Sea for two. It's amazing and the amount of food is astonishing and trust me, I can eat!!! We also add the cold water lobster sometimes as a treat. The noodles are also amazing. I am getting hungry writing this review!!!

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

We had a party of 15 come in for Hibachi dinner to celebrate my brother and his family coming to visit from California. We all ordered either Hibachi or sushi and everyone loved their dinners. The chef was entertaining, had a good sense of humor and drew a smile from even the most reserved from our family. Would definitely recommend for family outings or friends or something different just for a little fun. You should go.

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

My friend and I had hibachi for dinner this past Friday. We both had the steak hibachi dinner. The dinner comes with a salad, clear soup, the steak, mixed vegetables (onions, zucchini, mushrooms) noodles, rice (they now charge you an extra $2 if you want fried rice) and a scoop of ice a cream. It was all good. The restaurant is BYOB so if you enjoy a drink at dinner bring your favorite wine or beer.

The food was good but I felt that our hibachi chef could of been more into it. We have eaten here before and felt that other chefs were more into it. He didn't seem to be enjoying what he does and skipped a few signature hibachi moves/tricks.

Overall it was a decent experience.
The waitress was nice and the food was decent. Just wish the chef seemed more enthusiastic.

Reviewed 30 August 2015 via mobile

Great experience as we dined at Fuji with friends. The cook (didn't get his name) was humorous and enjoyed what he was doing. Food came out perfect and even got to catch zucchini after a almost perfect hit from the cook. Overall great experience. Glynnis remembered us from our last visit on my birthday (back in March). Was happy to welcome us back. Highly recommend!!

Been to Fuji Japanese Restaurant? Share your experiences!