“Great activity disappointed with organization, especially since they have been around since 1987”
Review of Delaware River Tubing - MOVED

Delaware River Tubing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Delaware River Tubing is the absolutely the best Tubing, Rafting, Kayaking and canoeing on the entire Delaware River! A must see. We are the Original Tubing Business. Delaware River Tubing sets the bench mark, we are the true river professionals. Every try to be us but we have the very best section of river, the most scenic, fun and historic! Just miles from where George Washington crossed. We are the first to have upgrade tubes, we invented the three chamber tube AND we invented "The Stay Together Straps" which are free to everyone to use. We are the only River Tubing, Rafting, kayaking and Rafting business that is all inclusive! Free Parking, free bbq meal midway with the Hot Dog Man! Free stay together strap, free life jacket, Free shuttle to and from the river! Our boat rental is the most fun thing to do in NJ, NY, PA. Outside adventure!
Reviewed 16 July 2018

This was not my first time tubing with this company but it had been several years. First thing I noticed was the increase in price. $50 per person! They say it includes a BBQ lunch and stay together straps but lunch was mediocre (expected to balance an open cup while walking across wet rocks, and anything semi healthy cost extra ,and stay together straps used to cost extra so are not incorporate in updated price--. We followed the instructions to "beat the line" by buying our tickets in advance and pre printing our waivers, however after we submitted both we stood in a line with the sun bearing down on us for over an hour before finally getting a tube. Their reasoning? We are out of tubes. My friends paid the $5 extra per person to get a tube with a back rest and had to wait longer for those tubes...In the time we stood on line we not only hashed out multiple ways to fix this poor system but we decided we were never coming back as it made more sense to buy our own tubes and drive ourselves. It is a shame to start the promise of a fun day baking in the sun for an hour after being told ways to get in the water quicker.

2  Thank eventwitch
in 8 reviews
"rafts"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed 6 July 2018

So disorganized that we never got on to tubing.
Lots of things wrong with the way this place seems to be run.
I will be looking for a refund as we never got on the bus to get to the tubes.

1  Thank doctorbenner
Reviewed 4 September 2017

I took my 10 year old son tubing for his first time and was blown away with how great our experience was all together. A girl named Camryn helped us in the office, she was so sweet and answered all of our questions. She calmed down my nervous son ensured he would be safe and have a blast. The managers, Greg and Ricky were very nice and also made me and my son feel welcomed and excited about our adventure. Tubing was just amazing. The scenery was so peaceful and beautiful. I would definitely recommend this place without a doubt!

1  Thank Dean B
Reviewed 1 September 2017

My sister and I went here today. We arrived at 11:15am. There was a long line and only one register open. The line would have went quicker if they opened both registers. I would imagine that the line is much longer on the weekends. The staff were very friendly and helpful since this was our first time here. We did upgrade our tubes and were a bit worried when we only saw 2 there with headrests, but the guy handling it, got one out from inside the building, The trip was amazing! If you're looking for thrilling whitewater, this is not the place to go. It was very relaxing, which is exactly what we were looking for. There were staff members on yellow boats that periodically rode past us to check on us so that was comforting. The Hot Dog stand on the water was okay. If the lunch wasn't included, the prices we would have to pay for food was outrageous. ($5 for a hot dog!) You can bring your own snacks. We saw guys today with sealed buckets from Home Depot with snacks and drinks. I thought that was a good idea. We very much enjoyed our experience. I will definitely come back!

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 August 2017

decided this would be something nice for the family to all do together and booked a day on the river, NEVER again!!!! I will start off with the "upgraded tube" that they gladly take your money for but by the time you make it up the huge line to receive you tube there are none left. Then when you ask for your refund which was $15 dollars in our case you are told sorry we don't do refunds!!!! Really?? what kind of business is this? Then before you make your way off the bus you are told that if you need to get off the river just flag down one of their boats and they will gladly give you a ride back, which I thought was a great accommodation being my 60 year old parents were accompanying us. The river is very very slow you have to paddle to literally get anywhere so 2 hours later with flat tubes we made it to the hotdog man(nothing famous about raw burgers,burnt on the outside red inside) and my parents were spent. I said no problem I will get you a boat back so I proceed to the owner who is sitting on a boat and he says I will call another guy down and he will take them back for $10 a person my boat is out of fuel, then he proceeds to start it up and go back and forth on the river at least 4 times!!!! We finally made it back to what I though would be actual bathrooms but infact were muddy,dirty,stinky porta potties. Oh and changing rooms are on a bus,just a little fyi..

7  Thank Jessica G