Book In Advance
More Information

Ways to Experience American Dream
from US$400.00
More Info
All reviews ice skating food options amusement park indoor ski angry birds water park food court is all ages mini golf bergen county great mall metlife stadium snow primark capacity dunkin skiing
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 February 2021

The American Dream in East Rutherford, N.J. is located off of Route 3 next to MetLife Stadium. Fashioned after the Mall of America it is 3 million square feet of shopping mall and entertainment experiences. It is immaculately kept with cleaners sanitizing escalator rails and tile floor cleaners on patrol.

As an entertainment mecca, American dream features a Water Park with an enormous pool, slides, etc.. , a beautiful NHL size skating rink (public/private skating), Nickelodeon center featuring rides, Angry birds mini-golf, Big Snow featuring skiing/snowboarding among it's attractions.

Coming attractions include: Climb Zone, Legoland, Sea life and The Escape Game.
Kids and others are going to like "It's Sugar" (three levels of sweat offerings), Mirror Maze and Black Light.

Of course people expect stores for a shopping experience. Lululemon, Primark, Aritzia, Sephora are few of stores represented. My favorites are Amazon 4 Star, Hot Topics and Unique.

The food court is located on the 3rd Level. Food choices range from Cajun, Chinese, to American brand fast food chains. Tables are cleaned and sanitized after each customer, social distancing is observed and masks are worn.

The American Dream just recently opened and more stores and attractions will be coming. At this point it is already a premiere destination for a mall experience in New Jersey. Parking is free with entrances from the garage parking.

Tip: Bergen County observes the Blue Laws so some stores will be closed on Sunday.

1  Thank duck8to
Reviewed 17 February 2021

The rides were WILD! But the folks running the place do nothing to keep their customers safe. People are allowed to scream, talk and walk around unmasked without anyone checking them. The crowd was obscene, not sure what the actual capacity limitations are, but there did not seem to be anyone interested in crowd control. We paid a lot of money, only to leave early, because we did NOT feel safe.

Date of experience: January 2021
6  Thank allisonb943
Reviewed 16 February 2021

Overpriced and not worth it. Only got on 3 rides in the 4 hours because the lines were so long. And there was ZERO DISTANCING on the lines to get in at entrance or on the lines to get onto the rides. Was awful. This is a Covid breeding zone. Really a terrible Waste of $275.

6  Thank Nurse500
Reviewed 11 February 2021

If there is one thing you should learn from the American Dream Mall, it's NEVER TO GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS! I said these exact words as I drove through the pearly, neon archways of Parking Lot A of American Dream Mall. For a decade - OVER A DECADE!!!! - us Northern New Jersians have been forced to look at the rotting steel structure of the old Xanadu as we sat in hellish Route 3 traffic...BUT IT IS HERE, YA'LL. WE MADE IT! Let this be a sign of hope that we will get through this wild AF time that is known as COVID...let us, dare I say, DREAM!

*Ahem...* Okay, I got a little carried away, but hey, this mall is worth the intro.

As any other area person knows, this mall has been the butt of jokes for the better part of 10 years, but friends, I STAND CORRECTED. If fact, I STAN THIS MALL. (Am I young and hip if I say this?) The American Dream Mall is...a great mall. No lie! I'm not talking about the gimmicks here (the water park or the rides) because I really didn't focus my trip on those things. I was actually dragged here by my cousin, and I really didn't expect much - but dang, my expectations were blown away! I mean, they were set at 0, but still.

This mall is great because:
1. Number ONE reason to go to any mall...It has a great variety of stores. H & M, Uniqlo, Primark (this store is bomb), Hot Topic, Journeys, LUSH (and a gorgeous one at that)...basically, any typical 'mall' store that you want to shop at, they got it. Plus, they have some high-end and unique things too, like my new favorite chocolate shop, Laderach. Just look at the directory before you go to ensure your 'store of choice' is there...but I promise, there is a good chance that it will be there.
2. It's a beautiful facility.
3. FREE PARKING! (I'm looking at you, Newport Mall....)
4. I truly felt like there was plenty of space, especially on a Saturday during COVID.

Once this place starts actually opening up restaurants, this will be an ideal mall. (That's why I only gave it four stars.) Right now, you can get snacks and stuff, like Auntie Ann's and Dunkin. It's only a matter of time before the eateries open up and this mall truly comes into its own.

DO NOT hesitate to come visit this mall. It's a solid entry into New Jersey's mall culture, and I am happy to say that I never have to go to Garden State Plaza ever again.

Date of experience: December 2020
2  Thank ChellaRose23
Reviewed 8 February 2021

You are required to make reservations in advanced, and then if you want to change your date.. good luck because the customer service is terrible. Not only do they make it difficult, to nearly impossible, for you to change your reservation, but the tickets are non-refundable, so customer service leaves you at their mercy. I called them 5 times, and 3 times I was told I would get a call “right back”. The last time I even got an “I promise I’ll call you right back because my supervisor is standing right behind me”. I called everyday to change my reservation up to the day that it was supposed to be, and never got that call back. Completely missed my reservation without even being able to reschedule it. Worst part is I was cancelling to be safe and follow proper covid protocol, as I was not going to go subject hundreds of people to being in my vicinity if I was awaiting a covid test.

1  Thank alexak239