“A classic Pizza Place... 50 + YEars”
Review of Rome Pizza

Rome Pizza
Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Dunellen
Reviewed 27 August 2017

A classic pizza place!!! We were walking back to the car after a few hours at The Break Arcade next door and saw this place. My little guy loves pizza so we stopped in for a slice. I love seeing the old school pizza place and having a little chat with the woman behind the counter finding out that they have been there over 50 years. Thats amazing!!! Any pizza place that has letter boards as menus is good in my book. The modern place can keep their damn flatscreen menus. I did feel a little bad as the place was practically empty on a Saturday afternoon. We sat and ordered 2 slices and a drink, which is a special for $4.50. The pizza was really good...Nothing beats good ole Pizzaria pizza. The prices were very fair about $2 per slice and even 20oz sodas about $1.85. I would recommend this place to everyone. Support the local businesses!!!

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 12 April 2017

It was voted as such by the Courier News and has been my go to place for pizza for over 40 years. My only issue is now that I have kids, they want wings and nacho's and Romes is strictly pizza but it you want good pizza they have it.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 7 December 2016

I have been patronizing this place since I was 10 years old. They had video games then, and me and my cousin used to walk downtown Dunellen and stop at every place that had pinball or video games. Rome Pizza was the stop that we always had lunch at. John Sr was the pizza maker at that time, upon his passing in 1997, his son John Jr took over. He is the present pizza maker, and still upholds all of the standards and qualities that his Dad did, along with his Mom and Sister. They are cash only, and only make calzones, pizza, rolls, and garlic sticks. That is why they maintain perfection! Overall, the best pizza anywhere! So says My Central Jersey in 2015 as well.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 9 September 2016

We have been in the Dunellen area quite often lately as we have a relative in a local Rehabilitation Hospital, so we are eating in all kinds of new places.
We found Rome Pizza through TripAdvisor and we’re glad that we did.
As you walk up there is a Neon Sign in the window that says “Pizza Slices”, their Menu once inside has Pizza (anyway you want it), Calzones and Garlic Sticks.
Rome Pizza has maybe eight small table and a counter, this is a Cash Only establishment but with their low prices it isn’t an issue.
We ordered from the specials menu, my Wife had two plain slices with a small fountain drink and I had one plain and one mushroom whit a small drink, the slices were of good size, the tomato sauce was very good and an abundant amount of cheese, our order came to $10.35 and we were well satisfied.
Nice Staff and friendly regulars.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 31 August 2016

We always stop by here when we visit the area for the arcade near by. They have a great pizza special for a great price and the slices are huge. They've been doing this a long time and it shows in the quality. Definitely recommend.

Date of visit: August 2016