“Sushi Heaven ”
Review of Kyoto Sushi III

Kyoto Sushi III
Ranked #5 of 20 Restaurants in Cedar Grove
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

If you're looking for simply the best, freshest, generous, and most delicious sushi east of Los Angeles, search no further. Whether it's the Debbie Roll (Lobster, Salmon and Mango) or their special Duck Roll, or a deluxe sashimi or sushi platter, no one does it better. The atmosphere is simple and very friendly, and the staff is most appreciative of your business.

New York City's finest...can't compare to New Jersey's Best. Kyoto Sushi of Cedar Grove is five ***** !

Thank you.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Been going here once or twice a month for a few months now. Several things are very good. gyoza dumplings are worth getting. They even are decent when ordering delivery. miso soup is a good start. beef negamaki is above average. favorites are the salmon lovers roll. specials are always very good if dining at restaurant. Very good quality. Just doesn't have the wow factor to get to 5 stars from me, but closer to 5 stars then 3 stars in my book.

Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

We eat at Kyoto a couple times a month. It's a small restaurant with good rolls. The staff is always friendly and accommodating. We normally get a couple of rolls to share and have tried many of the ones on the menu and really, you can't go wrong with any of them. The rock shrimp appetizer is a favorite of ours and always the edamame. A couple of times we have branched out and had the hibachi shrimp, which is also good. The only thing I would not recommend is the sukiyaki. I am a sukiyaki snob and it didn't meet my standards. Other than that, we have never been disappointed. We will keep going back :)

Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

Ok, let me start by saying, we eat a lot of sushi. I mean, a lot of sushi. Anyway, this place is really top notch. I would actually place it among some of the best that I've had (including Morimoto in Philly). The sushi pizza was indeed awesome (mildly spicy, crunchy tuna on a tasty flat crispy shell) and the Tom's roll (soft shell crab with tuna, salmon, avocado on top) was out of this world. Eel and salmon standbys were excellent as well. Monsoon roll (spicy crunchy salmon with avocado, mango and wasabi sauce) on top was sublime. We finished it off with a special roast duck roll (think Peking duck with cucumber, scallion, hoisin sauce in a thin rice paper) which was also yummy. Prices are standard sushi fair, not cheap, not outrageous. Even my daughter who rarely has compliments for restaurants loved her sukiyaki noodle soup. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

Very small place but nicely dec. lunch specials usual $10
Chix or Steak Habachi comes with salad / ginger dressing
Low main noodles( a lot ) chopped up sautéed veggies
Clear miso soup what a great deal ...
Dinner specials usually $23 & ur really stuffed -
A lot of fresh sushi - I have to say they pack u the to go orders very secure:& perfectly nothing ever spills out of large platter type of containers & friendly people there! It's a win win HABACHI dinner
•Just not made in front of you like the usual hibachi restaurants.

1  Thank Lexy D