“World goes round and round. ”
Review of State Street Grill

State Street Grill
Ranked #8 of 124 Restaurants in Bloomfield
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Dining options: Late Night
Description: STATE STREET GRILL Est. 1980 At State Street Grill, we take pride in serving dishes with fresh, high quality ingredients. Our commitment to serving the very best food is reflected in the fact that all of our beef is certified USDA Choice Angus and all our dishes are MSG-Free. Be sure to try our brick oven-fired pizza, baked fresh daily. Our wait staff is dedicated to providing friendly and quick service to the many guests who dine with us each day.
Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

Over the last 75 years this landmark diner was orinally called the Stare Diner, then for decades Willies Diner, now the State Street Grille. How the World turns.

Bottom line excellent New Jersey Diner. Not so good parking.

Phil M, Owner at State Street Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you Rick. Yes you are absolutely correct with the names. State Street Grill will carry on the name that this land mark stands for. We are proud to always serve and offer the best of food quality and service we can offer to our community and continue to make out guests happy every visit. The parking as you know has become better (than the past w/o any) and we now offering additional parking on state st next to the library parking for free. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

The last time I was there was December 25, 2017 for family breakfast, I don't know if they change ownership because the food was not thesame. The coffee was bad and food cold and under cook and the waiter not friendly.

Grace, Im sorry for the way you felt in your last visit, we strive to serve the best quality and service to all our guests and i see we did not deliver our promise with you. we hope to see you soon for another chance to prove to you we are better. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

I feel at home here. I know most of the servers and my food is always outstanding. Weekends, especially in the mornings, are very busy, as is lunch time, however, early morning during the week is perfect. There are breakfast and lunch specials that are real bang for the buck. There is a parking lot and also an overflow one down the block. Coffee is the best in town

1  Thank PsiChi
Phil M, General Manager at State Street Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Thank you for your love.

Happy new year.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

We used to eat here when it was known as "Willy's Diner" and it was always good. Stopped in for lunch and was very disappointed. Yankee Bean soup was good but the poor excuse for an Italian Hot Dog drew sneers. Advertised as a hot dog with peppers, onions and potatoes on a panini, it had the dog, but one had to look very hard for the peppers, onions and spuds, all of which make this sandwich what it's supposed to be. The server was vey nice and said he would lodge my complaint with management. He did offer to bring something else but at this point the disappointment killed my appetite. Unfortunately, it affected my companion who did not wish to have me watch him as he ate and as such, passed on his meal. Our server did just the bill accordingly. Too bad because it was good as Willy's Diner way back when.

I am very sorry for the way you felt on your last visit. I truly wish someone would of changed or corrected your meal. We strive on delivering a great experience for all of our guests and we dropped the ball this time. I know we are better and our food is also, so we hope you will give us another chance to prove to you. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

You know what a lot of diners in the area so many choices I feel like State Street Grill is the best in the neighborhood