All reviewsnew englandcookiesshared balconymini suitein townthe room was nicedesk clerkthe bed was extremely comfortablesmall balconytavern foodplenty of parkingshops and restaurantsfirst floorflat screenadirondack chairsbit datedking bed
Reviewed 26 May 2018

We had a two night stay before Memorial Weekend. The hotel was lovely and our room was very nice. They are careful to warn you that if your room is above the tavern that it might be noisy. The tavern was full the night we were there (we ate there) but we did not have a problem with the noise.
I must say that going pre-season, many things to do around the area were closed. But we knew that was the case. We found much to do anyway and will come back to this hotel and area again if the situation arises.

Room Tip: They say that rooms above the tavern are noisy, however we did not have a problem.
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
SWBurch, General Manager at The Wolfeboro Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience, please do visit Wolfeboro again! Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed 20 April 2018

I attended a wedding at the Wolfeboro Inn, but did not stay so I can’t speak to the rooms. The outdoor location is beautiful, as was the initial cocktail area. Unfortunately, I was overall unimpressed with the place and the service received.

The biggest issue was with the meal and a very big lack of knowledge on the part of staff regarding food allergies. I had requested a gluten-free meal on my RSVP for the wedding for health reasons and the bride had made sure the inn was aware. Unfortunately, when my chicken plate arrived it was covered in crumbs and stuffed with bread stuffing. I immediately alerted my table’s server, who said she would check with the chef as to whether or not it was gluten-free (it wasn’t and I told her so before she left). She returned and told me the chef had assured her it was gluten-free, and when I said no, it has bread stuffing and crumbs on top, she asked, “Is panko not gluten-free?” This wasn’t a young girl working here through college—this was a seasoned server who herself should know about food allergies asking a banquet chef who should be even better informed. That is a HUGE problem that could cause trouble for the Inn itself if they were to misinform a guest about food items.

After a second conversation with the chef, the server told me they could give me steak instead as that was definitely gluten-free. She brought out the steak covered in gravy. In case anyone isn’t aware, most gravies are made with flour unless specified to be gluten-free. Neither she nor the chef could tell me if their gravy was GF. Needless to say, I didn’t eat anything that evening.

Another thing, more minor, that bothered me was my shoe getting caught on the table cloth and revealing a couple of napkins on the floor underneath—different colors from the table settings for the wedding I was attending, meaning the room hadn’t been properly cleaned after the previous event.

It’s obvious that the Wolfeboro Inn banks on its location, not on service or quality. If this is how they are about the important details, I certainly wouldn’t visit again, and I’d hesitate to suggest anyone else visit either.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Ceilidh86
SWBurch, General Manager at The Wolfeboro Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Thank you so much for your review, and please accept our apologies for the poor handling of your allergy needs. From your review, it sounds like both server training and communication failed that evening. Our banquet chef graduated from Johnson & Wales and has been doing this for a very long time, so any lack of knowledge you experienced would not have come from that area. Our gravies and sauces are made with rice flour, and are unquestionably gluten free.

Your server should have known that panko contains gluten. She should have known that our gravy is made with rice flour and should have communicated that to you with confidence. We really appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and will increase our training emphasis on food allergies as we conduct new season orientation for our banquet serving staff.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

The hotel is just a basic with pretty good location. Not enough parking spaces, people are coming for restaurant are taking much of the spaces. The restaurant (Wolfe Tavern) good selection of beers, but the food is not very good, the service is slow. For the price that I paid I was expecting more and better service.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
SWBurch, General Manager at The Wolfeboro Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts, we appreciate your candid feedback. I'd like to hear more about your dining experience in Wolfe's Tavern--if you see this, could you email me at sburch@wolfeboroinn.com?

Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

While staying with friends we had the chance to enjoy the Sunday brunch at the Inn. Great choices, freshly made omelets, waffles, good soups, endless desserts. And...a live jazz duo (sometimes quartet) makes the fireplace-atmosphere just right. Decent price as well...a delight!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
SWBurch, General Manager at The Wolfeboro Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to publish a review. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed our Sunday brunch! Absolutely the best brunch value around. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

We were with a tour group and got lucky enough to stay in your hotel. We really enjoyed our stay. The hotel was within walking distance to the town district. We took a boat ride around the lake also. Beautiful scenery when we went the leaves were changing colors.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
SWBurch, General Manager at The Wolfeboro Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Thank you for your review, I'm glad to you were able to take a cruise on the Winnipesaukee Belle and see the beauty of Wolfeboro. Thank you for being our guest.