“Excellent seafood all around!!!!!”

Petey's Summertime Seafood
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Rye
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This place is outstanding. No wonder it is always so busy. But the food is definitely worth the trip. Seafood here is comparable to the best in New England for taste and quality.

Date of visit: April 2021
2  Thank williamo126
Write a reviewReviews (779)

Reviewed 16 March 2021 via mobile

We stopped her on a Thursday afternoon around 1:00. There is a takeout window in the front and you get into the dining room from the side. Currently , due to the pandemic there is a wait to get inside to put your name in with the host as only one party at a time is allowed in the entryway. We were quoted a 15 minute wait and that’s about how long it took. We sat in the bar at a table and were waited on by a male bartender. My boyfriend had the smelts which were on the specials list and I had a cheeseburger and onion rings (onion rings were amazing!). Both the smelts and burger were really good. The parking lot is really small and because it was busy it was a little difficult to maneuver around but there is also parking along the road. It was our first time here and we would definitely be back. Food and service were great.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 15 March 2021 via mobile

I should I have turned around when we arrived. Parking is ridiculous and dangerous, waitstaff is unfriendly and not covid mask compliant. It smells like dirty fry oil. And the overall appearance is dirty. Food not what was hyped. Not impressed.

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank karey3767
Reviewed 9 February 2021

We had take-out lunch today, Monday, 2/8, and it was fantastic! The guy on the phone who took my order could not have been more helpful, friendly and polite. Only a 10 minute wait which was great since we were sitting in the parking lot. Same pleasant experience at take out window for pick up! The haddock sandwich was the best I have had in such a long time! Absolutely fresh, good size, perfectly fried fish, not at all greasy. Nice fresh roll, I added lettuce, tomato, pickles on side and tarter sauce. Choice of chips or fries. My husband had the whole clam roll, and it was delicious and plentiful!! Also fried to perfection, not a lot of extra batter, and no grease, with fries. (Wish I took pictures, but we ate before thinking of it.) We ate in our car at Rye State Park, and enjoyed the bright sunshine today and the ocean view! We will be back again soon for sure. (Petey’s is directly across the street from the ocean, but you can’t see it from ground floor, you would need to go upstairs.)

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 21 December 2020

The waitresses and owners wife are absolutely beautiful women. Now for the food I’ve been going to Peties for nearly 20 years when it was a small dinner started by the owner and his drop dead gorgeous young wife. It quickly built a name as the place to go. It’s not easy to survive as a restaurant over 90% of them fail. They do breakfast the best, always impressed. Remember men enjoy the scenery it’s an added bonus.

Date of visit: December 2020