“Getting worse and worse”
Review of Shang Hai

Shang Hai
Ranked #48 of 73 Restaurants in Laconia
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 31 May 2021

Egg rolls , chicken finger are burnt all the time. Food taste reheated not fresh. Gave it another chance and not any better.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (42)

Reviewed 17 September 2020 via mobile

We ordered some combo plates the B and G very good as always. But I decided to go with the kung poa chicken. I'll tell you what. My taste buds went into overdrive and yeah spicy too. definitely will order this again. Wow what nice order.

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 9 September 2020

Food is consistantly good and fresh with take out option. Service is always friendly. Good portions for the money.

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 18 May 2019 via mobile

Went there for dinner buffet yesterday it came to about $33 for two, with one fountain drink.

We were the only ones there at first and two other parties arrived shortly after.

I could tell immediately everything at the buffet was leftovers from lunch which sucked because we were starving. As soon as the staff saw they were getting customers they rushed over to the buffet and stirred up the rice etc. To make it look more appealing? Not sure. I grabbed a few things and waited for fresh food to come out. I'm a local and I know this place has good food when it's actually fresh but when we first arrived that wasn't the case...after a little while fresh food came out and they replaced some trays while others like fried foods they just piled the new food on top. Needless to say we weren't overjoyed but we did like the hot food that came out. There are two Isles of hot food and a desert table. Two hot soups, sushi (left out on the salad bar bf tried it he said it was warm and it turned him off), steamed dumplings (a favorite always good here), best chicken wings in town when fresh, good egg rolls, teriyaki chicken when I got there was hard as a rock but when they put out the fresh stuff it was really tasty! For the price of about $13.50 per person I would expect more of a selection and fresh food. I think this place is suffering a lot since the New Hong Kong Buffet went in in Belmont. It's sad to see businesses suffer but this quality isn't putting up a good fight.

The post before mine from the people on vacation described the exact same thing that I saw when I came in.

Anyway on a positive note our waiter was very sweet and we really liked him. Will return when it's more busy for the fresh food.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed 29 April 2019

We went on our last evening of our vacation.So very disappointing.We arrived around 5pm. and there were only three other patrons in the restaurant although there parking lot was semi full.The other half of the restaurant is a separate bar guess thats why so many cars.
Anyway we got up to the buffet and it was soooo clear the food was left over from lunch.Three dried up mussels,dried up seafood casserole,three dried up wings that were not replenished Mussels did come out...cold with hard cheese :(:(.Not much to choose from shrimp casserole Luke warm and hot sour soup were ok. For $$$.Expected much better.

Date of visit: April 2019