All reviews saco river north conway budget price burn off some energy room phone room with queen beds owners were extremely friendly clean bathroom stayed one night bathroom door picnic tables heated pool we've stayed playground pits attitash pets
Reviewed 10 August 2017

We stayed one night at the Villager Motel after a last-minute Expedia booking. Expedia does say to call ahead to confirm pet accommodations but I didn't, and when I arrived had to be switched from a room with a king bed to a room with two queens instead - so if you are travelling with pets, call ahead!

The rooms are dated but very clean & spacious; beds weren't the most comfortable but that's just a personal preference.

The staff were great - our room phone didn't work, and when I went to the reception desk the gentleman handed me his cell phone to make my call. Our room also didn't have a television remote so my husband headed back to reception & we had a remote in two minutes.

At the back of the property there are trails that take you down to the river which was an absolutely awesome way to wake up. We took the dogs down to burn off some energy before loading them back in the truck & they were back asleep right away!

With the added cost of travelling with two dogs, it isn't exactly a "budget" motel, but we were satisfied with our stay!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2017

We've stayed at a variety of budget motels in the Storyland area, and this is now our top choice for return visits. We stayed in one of the family rooms with two queen beds, and it was incredibly spacious and very clean. Bathroom layout was perfect, with the shower/toilet separate from the sink, but with doors to each (so you could effectively create three rooms if one person wanted to shower, another wanted to brush their teeth, and another wanted to change in the room). The shower had ample hot water and water pressure. A favorite feature for us was the second entrance for the room, which opened into a large grassy area with picnic tables, grills, and fire pits...it was essentially a "back yard" where kids could play without concern for parking lot traffic.

Given the budget price and my experience with other area motels, I assumed the attractive photos of the playground and pool on the hotel website were taken twenty years ago, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that they accurately reflect the current state of the property. My daughter loved the playground, and I appreciated the warmth and cleanliness of the heated pool. The short path to the Saco River led to some very scenic areas, including several spots with chairs to sit and take in the views.

The location was perfect for access to Attitash and Storyland (for those who've never been to the latter before, trust me, you don't want to be trying to go left on 302 towards North Conway at the end of the day!), with numerous restaurants nearby. As the icing on the cake, the property owners were extremely friendly and helpful...and spoke perfect English, unlike has been indicated by some here who seem to have given the motel poor reviews based solely on racist motivations. We're a family that prefers budget accommodations so we can spend more money on activities, so we're thrilled to have discovered the great value the Villager Motel offers!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank EricaLynn
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the villager as a last minute option and we were pleasantly surprised. It had spacious rooms and a family friendly environment. The owners were very friendly and went out of their way to be hospitable. Each room had a picnic table and fire ring behind it. There was also the Saco River flowing behind that made for adventurous swimming. We would stay again if in the area.

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank U7564UBdavidc
Reviewed 3 July 2017

We just returned from NH. The Villager is a bit out dated but clean. No frills.
Pool was very clean, fire pits outside the rooms were a nice touch. Nice path to the Saco River to sit and relax (not sure if it was someone's old campsite) but we enjoyed it. Dogs are allowed which was great. Customer service was lacking, but you get what you pay for I guess.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

This was our 3rd time here great place and people who run it.Many updates over the years we spent our honeymoon here in 2009 then twice after the last was 9/16&17 can't wait until the next visit
Great pictures of the mountains and Moonlit night

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple