2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$179
FindHotelUS$179
Orbitz.comUS$179
CheapTicketsUS$179
TravelocityUS$179
TripadvisorUS$179
All reviews conference center relaxing weekend beautiful facility sized pool library lounge hot tub conference room timbers restaurant rolling hills nice pool king room arbor fireplace hazelnut retreat foundation treehouse
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 May 2021

Have lived in the area most my life and up till recently had never been to the Arbor Lodge. Awesome place top to bottom. We enjoyed the surrounding area and walked on the well maintained pathways. The staff was very helpful and very relaxing overall.

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 22 May 2021

Everything at Lied Lodge was wonderful except for 2 things.
1) There were no steps into the Olympic size swimming pool, of which was 4 foot in depth for the whole pool. If you aren't able to swing your leg up 4 foot and pull yourself up out of the pool, you will have no way to exit the pool. They have 4 metal grab bars, but they do NOT extend inside the pool area; you have to pull your body weight up 4 foot to exit the pool, with NO steps for your feet.
2) The library (which contains some very interesting books both for adults and children, including in Spanish!!!) has very limited hours, opening only at 4 p.m. You are able to check them out and bring the books to your room during your stay, but you have no access to the library until 4 p.m.
----
Everything else about Lied Lodge was wonderful. There are some very scenic views there. If you ask at the front desk, they will light one of the fireplaces for you and you can sit in a heavily cushioned rocking chair in front of the fire. The restaurant associated with Lied Lodge is top notch! They make your meal plate a work of art! There are informational signs all over the place telling you all kinds of details about Arbor Day, which make for an interesting stay. A lot of the trees are labeled as to what kind they are, around the lodge itself. Was super quiet during our stay. It was fun to explore what Lied Lodge had to offer during our 2 day stay there. All the staff were super nice!

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 26 April 2021

Extremely happy with our trip here. The grounds are absolutely beautiful, the staff is joyful and helpful, and the memories are a one of a kind experience for me and my seven year old who was very excited and happy the entire stay.

Reviewed 25 April 2021

My family and I went to the Arbor Day Farm. It is beautiful and so much fun for the entire family. We stayed at the Lied Lodge, and it is a lovely hotel with a beautiful pool and grounds. We will not come back to this location because of the way we were treated by hotel staff. Many young people work at the front desk and the restaurant (hostess) with no customer service experience or training. Even the managers lack customer service, empathy, and common sense. On our last night, my mom fell getting out of the hot tub and could barely walk. I went to the front desk to ask for help and spoke with a manager who told me the best he could do was to give me directions to the nearby hospital. He did not even check on her or send anyone to help. I took care of my mom the best I could, and the following morning I called the front desk to see if I could borrow a wheelchair to get my mom into the car. She was worse, and I needed to take her to the hospital. The employee told me they had a wheelchair, but I had to get it. I left my mom alone in the room, put our suitcases in the car, and went to get the wheelchair. I explained to the manager at the front desk that my mom got hurt getting out of the hot tub, she could not walk, and I needed help getting her into the car. The manager replied, "so how can I help you?" I turned around and left with tears in my eyes (I was so frustrated); I had just told him what I needed. Then, the manager followed me outside and said he wanted to help. So he finally helped me with her. My mom has a broken foot, and no one from the hotel seemed to care.

Room tip: Do not stay here.
1  Thank P4921FHdianar
Reviewed 12 April 2021

Amazing gem in what seems like the middle of nowhere. In actuality there is lots to see and do related to Arbor Day and in Nebraska City itself. The hotel is super-clean and staffed by friendly people. The pool is huge, the grounds are beautiful, and the restaurant is top-notch.